It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Adol's got the island blues.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA is available, DRM-free on GOG.com. Grab it now to get this DLC for free: Adol's Adventure Essentials, Laxia's "Eternian Scholar" Costume, a Mini Art Book, and a Soundtrack Sampler.
Ready for a new round of exciting, party-based trouble? Adol and co. get stranded on a mysterious island where ferocious beasts roam. When a blue-haired beauty starts calling to our hero in his dreams, it's time for them to build a village and set out to undo the island's curse.

Feeling overwhelmed? Give your characters a little boost with the Ultimate Resource Bundle DLC DLC.

The free DLC offer will last until April 23, 5pm UTC.
Okay, so it FINALLY downloaded (Curse my slow internet!) and I was able to play this morning, so far the only issue I've seen has been needing to force it to use my Nvidia GPU in the control panel because it defaults to my Intel one (that's something I hadn't seen in a while for a game that NEEDS some oomph to play) and the on-screen tutorials have PlayStation prompts in the images (though the on-screen prompts showed up as X-Box ones without needing to change the settings) whenever it teaches you a new mechanic. It's been so long since I've used a PlayStation that the only button I remember is "X" and translating them has been a bit of a pain.

Still, can't say it's all good, only in Chapter 1 still exploring where the camp will be so I've not progressed far enough to run into most of the graphical bugs I'm seeing people complain about.
liamphoenix: Still, can't say it's all good, only in Chapter 1 still exploring where the camp will be so I've not progressed far enough to run into most of the graphical bugs I'm seeing people complain about.
Oh, just you wait until you get to the second area. I thought I was good until I got there, and then, all of a sudden, so much flickering. I'm not sure how else to describe it, other than some kind of lighting effect gone bad, that makes the screen flicker white quickly. At this point I decided to look around for other bugs, and I ran into screenshots from Steam showing the minimap actually having walls and whatnot-- mine does not at all, never did from the beginning, it just shows icons. Did NISA even test the GOG version? Or the Steam one, for that matter?
liamphoenix: Still, can't say it's all good, only in Chapter 1 still exploring where the camp will be so I've not progressed far enough to run into most of the graphical bugs I'm seeing people complain about.
gmarcano: Oh, just you wait until you get to the second area. I thought I was good until I got there, and then, all of a sudden, so much flickering. I'm not sure how else to describe it, other than some kind of lighting effect gone bad, that makes the screen flicker white quickly. At this point I decided to look around for other bugs, and I ran into screenshots from Steam showing the minimap actually having walls and whatnot-- mine does not at all, never did from the beginning, it just shows icons. Did NISA even test the GOG version? Or the Steam one, for that matter?
Oh come on... do you even need to ask? :P
high rated
I'm disappointed that NISA's grossly misleading description of the soundtrack sampler remains after being reported to GOG. I suppose GOG is probably trying to contact NISA before taking action, but the incentive offer only lasts for one week - dragging their feet and simply letting the offer expire as planned after deceiving the maximum number of people would be equivalent to taking no action.

I've reported NISA to the San Diego area office of the Better Business Bureau (since NISA is based in California) for false advertising. Unfortunately, the process could take longer than the offer lasts, and NISA could choose to ignore the complaint or talk circles around the issue. Still, it's something - if they do this kind of thing again in the future, a complaint on record might help establish a pattern of shady behavior.
SeduceMePlz: I'm disappointed that NISA's grossly misleading description of the soundtrack sampler remains after being reported to GOG. I suppose GOG is probably trying to contact NISA before taking action, but the incentive offer only lasts for one week - dragging their feet and simply letting the offer expire as planned after deceiving the maximum number of people would be equivalent to taking no action.

I've reported NISA to the San Diego area office of the Better Business Bureau (since NISA is based in California) for false advertising. Unfortunately, the process could take longer than the offer lasts, and NISA could choose to ignore the complaint or talk circles around the issue. Still, it's something - if they do this kind of thing again in the future, a complaint on record might help establish a pattern of shady behavior.
GOG should clearly prioritize their customers and giving them a proper response as quick as possible.
SeduceMePlz: snip
MIK0: GOG should clearly prioritize their customers and giving them a proper response as quick as possible.
Support did respond and say that the matter would be forwarded to the appropriate department. I was hoping we'd have seen an amended description by now, but I'd guess it's "under consideration".
Post edited April 18, 2018 by SeduceMePlz
MIK0: GOG should clearly prioritize their customers and giving them a proper response as quick as possible.
SeduceMePlz: Support did respond and say that the matter would be forwarded to the appropriate department. I was hoping we'd have seen an amended description by now, but I'd guess it's "under consideration".
Nice of them (support from the games developer/publisher of the game) to send a reply they would forward it to the appropriate department, as for the "under consideration":
maybe they take things slow like the Parliament , these people also love to take their time to think and talk things over usually resulting into nothing but a bla bla and they will go on with the things they were busy with without really gving an answer, thats how these people usually work.

Anyway, like i said before, if they continue doing so, best to stop buying games from this games publisher/developer especially at such high listprice: 54.99 EU, i've seen smaller developers/publisher reacting much faster on their budget (casual) games ( 3.99 to 9.99) then this one.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by gamesfreak64
They just fixed some of the most pressing issues.
Still a technical mess with a 6 month delay and full $60 pricetag? Yeah, I'll pass, NISA. Sorry Falcom, you trusted the wrong fuckwits to port your beautiful game.
Update
Attachments:
Just installed the new update.

Now the game crashes shortly after loading.

Great job, NISA!
Post edited April 18, 2018 by Ichwillnichtmehr
Ichwillnichtmehr: Just installed the new update.

Great job, NISA!
I was going through the same problems with Disgaea PC on Steam.
(In Ron Perlman's voice) "NISA, NISA never changes..."
Ichwillnichtmehr: Just installed the new update.

Great job, NISA!
Frozen: I was going through the same problems with Disgaea PC on Steam.
(In Ron Perlman's voice) "NISA, NISA never changes..."
I really start to wonder if this is simply incompetence on NISA's part, or if they just don't care about doing their job.
Oh look, this game performs *EXACTLY* how I expected it to perform because NISA doesn't know how to code games and breaks games every time they do.

I may as well just import the Japanese version. Learning Japanese will be quicker than waiting for NISA to unfuck themselves and fix games they break.
It depresses me to see how badly the localization and porting has been bungled. Ys VIII is a legitimately great game, and deserved better than this.