It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Themken: Getting fibre connection to the internet.
HereForTheBeer: I have a fiber internet connection, too, but that fiber is cotton string.
https://media.giphy.com/media/8Zo1mRga8HD8c/giphy.gif
Three things :

- Guns
- Gore
- Cannoli
Telika: Three things :

- Guns
- Gore
- Cannoli
just bought it myself
getting my ass kicked :P
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest speedruns are fun to watch, particularly the final dungeon. You never know when a fight will take multiple tries, even if it's not a boss fight. (Some normal battles might take as many as 3 tries to win!)

There are two bosses that can be instant killed, and I have seen players die to both those bosses even *with* the instant kill effect. (One of the deaths was actually after the boss was defeated; one of the other enemies killed the remaining party member.)

When a game gives you only 2 party members and throws enemies that have petrification and instant death attacks at you, game overs become quite likely. It also doesn't help that, in the speedrun, the player doesn't have the Life spell (so partner death early in a boss fight is basically game over), and is also missing the Aegis Shield (paralysis/petrify immunity for the main character, I think you can see why you would want this).

People say that FFMQ is easy, but it is surprisingly easy to get game overs in this game, especially toward the end. (It's worth noting, however, that if you do game over, you can easily restart the fight by answering "No" to the "Give up" fight.)

Oh, one other thing: The very first battle in the game can kill you if you get even a little unlucky (happened to me on my first playthrough).
There was a pink tag sale at Goodwill, $1.79 for anything with a pink tag. I got a videogame and a sci-fi anthology. That was awesome.
Alaric.us: First snow today!

https://i.imgur.com/3SzSiuZ.png
Is that a photo from your house?
dtgreene: No, it's actually one from a current marathon.
The VOD with this speedrun appears to be here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/319918522

Note that this marathon (Speedrun Ragnorak) is still going on at:
https://www.twitch.tv/therpgvalkyries

(In fact, the VOD I linked to is the one that is currently growing.)

Edit: As of this post, there's a Final Fantasy Mystic Quest race going on.
Ah, the event runs until the 13th apparently; will watch a bit. Cheers.
chevkoch: Does this one gang at school want you to join because you're pretty good at it?
Vingry: Nonono.. This is still my first time. Heck, I just started today.
I just quoted Napoleon Dynamite with that one, couldn't resist ;) But seriously, bo martial training sounds cool. Have fun.
Post edited October 09, 2018 by chevkoch
Prévert. Unexpectedly.

See, the problem with schools is that they take pride in teaching you about classics, but, at the same time, they have to stay as consenual as possible. And classics aren't - or else they wouldn't be classics.

Often, they solve the conundrum by teaching you the most consensual, inoffensive, neutered texts by classic authors. And, doing that, they accidentally kill your interest in them. They make them "school authors".

It's up to you to re-discover them, later, despite of school, with a fresh eye. And see that there is more (more subversion, more despair) to them than the light, merry, family-friendly material you were exposed to.

Okay, it's a notorious process. And Brassens is the most typical exemple of it. But damn, I had overlooked Prévert.
Post edited October 09, 2018 by Telika
I realized just now that having this hernia means I won't be able to help with the christmas tree or any of the other decorations.

GOD BE PRAISED!!!
tinyE: I realized just now that having this hernia means I won't be able to help with the christmas tree or any of the other decorations.

GOD BE PRAISED!!!
Can't you have surgery to repair your hernia?
tinyE: I realized just now that having this hernia means I won't be able to help with the christmas tree or any of the other decorations.

GOD BE PRAISED!!!
TARFU: Can't you have surgery to repair your hernia?
Yeah, October 30th.
I'm not allowed to lift anything over ten pounds for 8 weeks afterwards, which means, no help with the the tree! :D

It wouldn't be so bad if my mother didn't get so delusional. :P We are surrounded by great trees but every year she goes two or three miles out into the woods and picks out something that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big for the house. She refuses to be talked down so every year my father and I are forced to cut it down, drag it all the way back to the house, IN THE SNOW, and get the thing up in the living room, which never works because the tree is always too big.
TARFU: Can't you have surgery to repair your hernia?
tinyE: Yeah, October 30th.
I'm not allowed to lift anything over ten pounds for 8 weeks afterwards, which means, no help with the the tree! :D

It wouldn't be so bad if my mother didn't get so delusional. :P We are surrounded by great trees but every year she goes two or three miles out into the woods and picks out something that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big for the house. She refuses to be talked down so every year my father and I are forced to cut it down, drag it all the way back to the house, IN THE SNOW, and get the thing up in the living room, which never works because the tree is always too big.
At least you have the surgery scheduled. Hope everything goes well. Your description of the Christmas tree situation reminds me of that part of "Christmas Vacation".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTKpKBzd7jg
tinyE: Yeah, October 30th.

TARFU: At least you have the surgery scheduled. Hope everything goes well. Your description of the Christmas tree situation reminds me of that part of "Christmas Vacation".

First thing I did after learning about the ten pound limit: went home and weighed my guitar. :P It weighs 8 pounds.
TARFU: At least you have the surgery scheduled. Hope everything goes well. Your description of the Christmas tree situation reminds me of that part of "Christmas Vacation".

tinyE: First thing I did after learning about the ten pound limit: went home and weighed my guitar. :P It weighs 8 pounds.
Acoustic should be lighter, right? 8 pounds must be for electric guitar?
tinyE: First thing I did after learning about the ten pound limit: went home and weighed my guitar. :P It weighs 8 pounds.
TARFU: Acoustic should be lighter, right? 8 pounds must be for electric guitar?
yeah, my Fender Strat

I have a really nice acoustic but I have small hands and sometimes that goddam F Chord is just too much work. :P