It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for a high-velocity aerial combat shooter that will engage you for long. Jet Lancer is coming soon on GOG.COM. Test your skills and reflexes while dueling against enemy aviators, hunting for giant robots, and flying with supersonic speeds as you evolve from an unknown rookie aviator into a once-in-a-generation ACE pilot.
Nevermind, it was a huge disappointment.

Going for score is a game of playing "what is the playstyle the devs decided was best", not "do your best and know the mechanics". The AI is completely unpredictable, and not in a good way. They just do whatever, and that cripples you on missions that require taking down enemies fast or if you're going for score, because the map is too large and the time lost on traversal is too much. Score-wise, traversal takes too long and tanks your score. Mission-specific, traversal makes more enemies spawn completely away from you.

One mission in particular has planes dropping bombs, and you need to destroy the bombers fast. Thing is, even if you're fast with taking them down, sometimes two bombers spawn really fast, and if both drop bombs on opposite sides of the map (that is large enough that you can't traverse if fast enough), the mission is failed for no fault of your own. And even if you manage to take down both bombs, they'll be dropping two new ones on opposite sides soon after (because they always drop on the opposite side of the last). Mix that with large amount of enemies that can decide either to track you aggressively or just ignore you, and that mission becomes an even greater nightmare.

NG is playable, but NG+ is when these issues creep up so hard you're reseting missions dozens of times, and it starts becoming unplayable.
Post edited May 19, 2020 by BD34D
Ohhh this looks like a Luftrausers 2 :D! Gonna buy that one.
Dray2k: Ohhh this looks like a Luftrausers 2 :D! Gonna buy that one.
Pssh, More like extreme Time Pilot! ;)
Mr.Mumbles: Pssh, More like extreme Time Pilot! ;)
Hell yeah, that game was awesome as well :>! Nice to see that people still care about those types of games.

Space Pilot (Amiga Time Pilot like game) was amazing as well. If you own a Amiga (I think a DOS version exists as well) try the game Jetstrike, which is basically the "perfected" version of these type of games.
Good grief, I hope you can turn that screen shake off. Looks headache inducing!
Dare_Wreck: Good grief, I hope you can turn that screen shake off. Looks headache inducing!
Yeah, me too... The pixelated graphics don't bother me, but that shaking is catastrophal.
Dare_Wreck: Good grief, I hope you can turn that screen shake off. Looks headache inducing!
Yes, you can disable screenshake, reduce screen flashing effects, etc.
Nice. Im no connoisseur of this type of game like some of you guys are, but I do really enjoy them.
op_2020: Yeah, me too... The pixelated graphics don't bother me, but that shaking is catastrophal.
Wondering about the same... Is an average person able to take the eye-straining effects at the level shown on trailer?

Challenge:
1) Play the game for 1h
2) Look me in the eyes
3) What do you see?

(?no mleh tolip a htiw nam a)
Please, explain to me how you don't see a Luftrauser ripoff when you look at that trailer? :P

I see a boss though, thus there is some additional design work involved at least...
TheWhyNot: Yes, you can disable screenshake, reduce screen flashing effects, etc.
Are there any Putins in the game?
For some reason the style reminds me of a more brightly colored Ring Runner.
Looks cool. Wishlisted.
op_2020: Yeah, me too... The pixelated graphics don't bother me, but that shaking is catastrophal.
TheWhyNot: Yes, you can disable screenshake, reduce screen flashing effects, etc.
Why would you want to disable something Michael Bay would approve thou? /s

"Surely these wouldn't make you nauseous - Random Game Developer 20XX" /s
:D

(it is sarcasm so please don't downvote me :P)
Considering the "screen shake issue". I don't think that the impact will be as hefty as with other games of similar type, considering that this game is actually in 3d, at least from what I can tell by looking at screenshots and the trailer.

The problem with Vlambeers screen shake is that their games are primarily 2D and since the spritework and artstyle tries to complement the screenshake so even if they kept it as simple as possible it often became irritating. I'm curious to see if its different here since I've played 3d games with similar screenshake effects (some had a different perspective but it didn't made a difference) and it still felt vastly different than with the Vlambeer games. I'm certain that theres a connection between the games general artstyle and active screenshake whenever there is a Michael Bay moment. It also depends on how smooth the screenshake will be. Whether or not a game is 30 fps or 60+ fps can make a huge difference with these type of effects and so does the artstyle.

Anyway, as long as there are options to increase/decrease screenshake or deactivate it entirely I think its a large benefit for every potential buyer.

B1tF1ghter: *snip*
Downvoting because of stuff like that is silly, don't worry about it :>!
Post edited April 08, 2020 by Dray2k