It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take command of an army in a turn-based strategy set in the dramatic period of WW2!

Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM. The game brings a modern look and new features to a wargame genre. You will have the opportunity to command ground, air, and naval forces with the emphasis on the land battles.
I could try conquering Moscow in a week and the rest of Russia before autumn.
Post edited April 20, 2020 by Themken
low rated
"You are to lead the German Armed forces overcoming unthinkable odds and claiming the ultimate bittersweet victory in Europe."

So wait, we HAVE to play as the Germans? Uhm... thanks, but no thanks.
Post edited April 20, 2020 by Breja
Sounds a bit tasteless, such a title is bound to be controversial.
"You are to lead the German Armed forces overcoming unthinkable odds and claiming the ultimate bittersweet victory in Europe. " - very weird line for marketing this.
This game looks awesome. Not a fan of nazis though.
low rated
Not my kind of game, anyway, so, not that my opinion matters much but, damn, talk about trying to be "edgy" and controversial.

Also, jeez, that trailer narrator is awful... just... yeah. Maybe they cast him because of the voice? Certainly not on the account of his English delivery.

[Modded by Bookwyrm627: Please refrain from political commentary.]
Post edited April 21, 2020 by Bookwyrm627
Breja: So wait, we HAVE to play as the Germans? Uhm... thanks, but no thanks.
So what, on a macro-level view this would be far from the only game on this store to make the player be one political/military force or another. I do sympathize somewhat if people have personal connection to events depicted in a game that makes it difficult for them to want to play it, but perhaps in some cases it is just better to say "okay, this game is not for me". This is coming from someone who would prefer not to play the German side in the game, btw, though I'm not completely opposed to doing so in this case because at the end of the day it is just a videogame.
rjbuffchix: but perhaps in some cases it is just better to say "okay, this game is not for me".
Which is exactly what I did.
low rated
rjbuffchix: btw, though I'm not completely opposed to doing so in this case because at the end of the day it is just a videogame.
The quasi-celebratory tone in the game's description ("winning against unthinkable odds", "bittersweet victory") is very strange and in poor taste though, given the historical context.
low rated
Did I seriously get downvoted for not wanting to play as a nazi? :D

EDIT: Yes guys! Push that red button! For the Vaterland!
Post edited April 21, 2020 by Breja
There are plenty of WWII strategy games that let you play as a Nazi German, but usually they underline the... well... German part.
With that, I mean games like Men of War where you play as an officer of the retreating German army trying to save the hides of your soldiers, not out for bloody conquest like in the beginning of the war.
That is done tastefully, as it shows at a certain point the Wermacht was *mostly* a regular army victim of the circumstances like everybody else in that horrendous time period, most soldiers served their country blindly but they weren't inherently evil people, not more than anybody else at least. The real masterminds were the culprits, soldiers were often just forcefully enlisted tools.
Another thing is playing as the SS or "Bring glory to the Reich". THAT is really, really in bad taste.
High contrast and fairytale colours give this game a strangely fairytale feel. Combined with what the game is about, I'm getting an eerie feeling to say the least. This one is definitely in the uncanny valley and I think I'll pass.
Having played some of Starni's Panzer Strategy and Strategic Mind: The Pacific, I like the gameplay and aesthetic... and I have no problem playing a German campaign (just finished the German campaign in Sudden Strike 4).

The only thing I will agree with is the tone of the trailer is a bit bombastic for the subject matter. Maybe a bit more strategic military "chess match" and a bit less dominating Europe role playing?
Announcement text has been edited, literally a moment ago. What for? No a word of warning?
Devs/GoG should stay their ground. I'm disappointed.
morolf: Sounds a bit tasteless, such a title is bound to be controversial.
"You are to lead the German Armed forces overcoming unthinkable odds and claiming the ultimate bittersweet victory in Europe. " - very weird line for marketing this.
Why do you say so, ww2 alternatives are always high in demand. Nothing controversial into challenging others to see if they can manage to take london from the developers view of germany during ww2