It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog (this one)
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ponczo_
A repeated giveaway, Red Risk, is currently offered on IndieGala.
The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is going to be on a giveaway on Epic, along with Thief 2014 between April 4 - April 11.
Post edited April 03, 2024 by idbeholdME
JAST gives away two VNs:

malViolence: https://jastusa.com/games/mado001/malviolence-definitive-edition

and

protoViolence: https://jastusa.com/games/mado002/protoviolence-definitive-edition
high rated
idbeholdME: The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is going to be on a giveaway on Epic, along with Thief 2014 between April 4 - April 11.
Please remove the links to games that are not free yet, GOG will see it as advertising for another platform. They might ban you, and they might close this thread.
They tolerate links to free games on other platforms, they do not tolerate advertising for the competition.
(ø,ø): Please remove the links to games that are not free yet, GOG will see it as advertising for another platform. They might ban you, and they might close this thread.
They tolerate links to free games on other platforms, they do not tolerate advertising for the competition.
Respectfully, I think you're overreacting. This whole thread is about free games, and I can't imagine gog saying that mentioning free games a few days early means you must be banned and quartered and threads deleted into the void.

I could see them maybe getting upset at mentioning game discounts and sales on others sites, as then people might buy the games there and not from gog. But idbeholdme is just giving a heads up on two free games coming up. Again, this whole thread is about free games. I think it's fine.
BlueMooner: I could see them maybe getting upset at mentioning game discounts and sales on others sites, as then people might buy the games there and not from gog. But idbeholdme is just giving a heads up on two free games coming up. Again, this whole thread is about free games. I think it's fine.
I'll always be willing to pay the extra bit, if a game actually costs more on GOG at all, for a DRM-free version, which is why I tend to buy games twice: once on GOG, and once wherever it is released first. Or the other way around. For example, I first bought Horizon Zero Dawn from GOG, and the game is so great that I bought it again from Steam when I got my Steam Deck. The game deserves it, it is one of the few I played so so many hours. When Horizon Forbidden West was released on the PC, I got it on Steam first. Had to have it, am playing it now. BUT as soon as GOG releases it, I will buy it again, to get it DRM-free.

... which is why IMHO GOG will tolerate us having this freebies discussion. Because they know, we are for the cause: which is clearly DRM-free games, and to support good game makers.

I also bought games I thought deserve the money, even though I didn't find the time to play them (yet). But I have to earn my living, and as long as this includes a full-time job, my spare time is limited. Which doesn't mean I won't support good games... Despite -- or rather because of (!) -- this thread!
high rated
(ø,ø): Please remove the links to games that are not free yet, GOG will see it as advertising for another platform. They might ban you, and they might close this thread.
BlueMooner: Respectfully, I think you're overreacting. This whole thread is about free games, and I can't imagine gog saying that mentioning free games a few days early means you must be banned and quartered and threads deleted into the void.

I could see them maybe getting upset at mentioning game discounts and sales on others sites, as then people might buy the games there and not from gog. But idbeholdme is just giving a heads up on two free games coming up. Again, this whole thread is about free games. I think it's fine.
They probably won't ban him, but they might very well lock this thread without warning, as they've done with several other threads in the past, not just the deals thread. Do you want them to lock this thread which benefits so many people?

And what's the point of posting links early? No one can use them. Epic announces their freebies a week early. If they get posted here a week early, they'll just get drowned away by the time the games are actually free. The above post has already been drowned away, tomorrow very few will even notice it. It benefits no one.

If anyone wants to announce the upcoming games before they are free, they can do that just as fine without links. As was already done on March 28. There are always someone who posts the freebies when they are actually free, when people see them right away instead of having to look around for it.
BlueMooner: Respectfully, I think you're overreacting. This whole thread is about free games, and I can't imagine gog saying that mentioning free games a few days early means you must be banned and quartered and threads deleted into the void.

(ø,ø): They probably won't ban him, but they might very well lock this thread without warning, as they've done with several other threads in the past, not just the deals thread. Do you want them to lock this thread which benefits so many people?

And what's the point of posting links early? No one can use them. Epic announces their freebies a week early. If they get posted here a week early, they'll just get drowned away by the time the games are actually free. The above post has already been drowned away, tomorrow very few will even notice it. It benefits no one.

If anyone wants to announce the upcoming games before they are free, they can do that just as fine without links. As was already done on March 28. There are always someone who posts the freebies when they are actually free, when people see them right away instead of having to look around for it.
*ahem*
high rated
Epic Games:

Thief - Link

Thief is knocking at your doors today, stealth gamers!
It is a stealth first person game and takes place in a city resembling medieval Big Brothers.
You play as the Master Thief named Garrett.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was an ancestor of the Garrett we all know in another game
I play stealth for both games anyway :P
You want to infiltrate the City as a robinhood, except you're in ninja outfit instead of green
You are Garrett the master thief after all, even the usual robinhood will be outclassed.
Time to rob from Baron, the tyrannizing leaders of the City and help their oppressed citizens
While completing missions to accumulate treasures for yourself
Don't leave any stone unturned because you might find something handy later on.
Expect some crazy parkour that you would normally only find in Ninja games.

Brief description from the storepage:
Garrett, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City. In this treacherous place, where the Baron’s Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Even the most cautious citizens and their best-guarded possessions are not safe from his reach.

Features single player only!

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Link

This is a repeat!

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is an action-RPG shooter game.
It is a remastered 2023 version of the old game.
You fight extraterrestrial enemies in Space!
Explore space, meet some interesting characters and make some choices that will affect your outcome.
Think Fallout but in Space basically.
Except you travel to different planets where you find various beautiful terrains.
Oh and there is an evil plot. Someone tried to destroy all the colonies in the past.
But conveniently for the plot, you were asleep during that space apocalypse.
It is your job to find out what happened.

For people who were once worried about how buggy this game is, I heard it has been fixed.

A brief summary from the developers:
Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the edge of the galaxy,
You awake decades later only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the colony.
Explore the various planets and locations of Halcyon,
Including the mysterious Gorgon Asteroid and delightful distilleries of Eridanos.
As you encounter various factions, all vying for power,
The character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds.

In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.

Features single player only.

Other ongoing giveaways:
nothing at the moment

Next time: Ghostrunner...for now

Edit: Typing up my long summaries :)
Post edited April 04, 2024 by drxenija
Sadly, I missed it.

drxenija: A game title DRM Free, what's there to not love?
lupineshadow: Region-locked for Japan
Yes and Korea too. I'm not sure why. :(

[i]emo in makeup masterfully stealing spoons. so thief, much master..
[/i]

better play The Black Parade for Thief The Dark Project.
high rated

MazDen: [i]emo in makeup masterfully stealing spoons. so thief, much master..
[/i]

better play The Black Parade for Thief The Dark Project.
Haha, thank you for sharing!
I can see why. Spoons are expensive back then! Which explains why we have "Silver spoon" as an idiom.

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ Ⳋ☆☆☆☆★★★★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ☆☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★★★★☆☆☆☆/ᐠ - ˕ -マ Ⳋ

Purrfect! After installation, Outer Worlds and Thief are both DRM-free!
Outer Worlds cannot detect DLC while offline, but can be opened directly from the game exe file.
Thief can run by creating a shortcut and adding this code to the end of the target url:
-AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode

Both games can run without the client active, unless you want DLC access for Outer Worlds.
Two triple A titles are DRM Free, meowtastic!

- Your giveaway side-paww
Eron is free on Indiegala again.
high rated
Bandai Namco has released 3 new games for free on Steam :
NOTTOLOT

DORONKO WANKO

BOOMEROAD
high rated
Epic Games:

Ghostrunner - Link

This is a repeat!

Ghostrunner is fast-paced action shooter game.
Well you mainly use a sword because you're an android fighter with superhuman reflexes.
It is a stealth first person game and takes place in a tower.
You fight your way up this tower city to confront their tyrannical Keymaster for revenge.
This entire tower is a huge cyberpunk megastructure with deadly enemies in each floor.
Reminds me of DMC.
Avoid slashes and bullets and enjoy the presence of numerous checkpoints save spots.
Dive into this cyberpunk world and conquer this Dharma Tower now!
What revenge? Well that's for you to find out.

Brief description from the storepage:
Ghostrunner is a hardcore FPP game packed with lightning-fast action, set in a grim, cyberpunk megastructure. Climb Dharma Tower, humanity’s last shelter, after a world-ending cataclysm. Make your way up from the bottom to the top, confront the tyrannical Keymaster, and take your revenge.

Features single player only!

Other ongoing giveaways:
nothing at the moment

Next time: The Big Con and Town of Salem 2
Post edited April 11, 2024 by drxenija