It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I called in sick to work, played Spiderman 2018 all day! Living the dream ;D
Emob78: Li-Ion has come a long for sure. I recently bought two Rockpals 250w (222wh) Li-Ion batteries for power outages, along with a 60watt solar charger. Not anywhere near your setup, but it's still nice to be able to run some fans, lights, etc during a storm. Everyone should have a battery or two at home. Never know when a hurricane/snowstorm/blackout might come along and ruin your day.
HereForTheBeer: Ours are for backup, too, for now. The power company is being cool about the grid-tie, 'trading' at a 1-for-1 rate. If they ever go the wholesale-in retail-out route then maybe we'll switch over to a more active setting.
It's been averaging around $1/watt for some time now. But the install costs are still super high. I did some research recently, found a few companies that will do a 4-5kw install for around $6k, with PV panels, battery bank, and grid tie with automatic transfer switch. Nice setups, but still too rich for my blood. Have to stick with the old gas generator for now.

What type of panels are you using? Mono or poly crystalline?
HereForTheBeer: Ours are for backup, too, for now. The power company is being cool about the grid-tie, 'trading' at a 1-for-1 rate. If they ever go the wholesale-in retail-out route then maybe we'll switch over to a more active setting.
Emob78: It's been averaging around $1/watt for some time now. But the install costs are still super high. I did some research recently, found a few companies that will do a 4-5kw install for around $6k, with PV panels, battery bank, and grid tie with automatic transfer switch. Nice setups, but still too rich for my blood. Have to stick with the old gas generator for now.

We got US-made SolarWorld monocrystalline panels. A touch less output than some other options but we wanted to get as much of it made domestically as possible. [url=http://www.solarworld-usa.com/~/media/www/files/datasheets/sunmodule-plus-290-300-mono.pdf]http://www.solarworld-usa.com/~/media/www/files/datasheets/sunmodule-plus-290-300-mono.pdf[/url] 30 panels installed at 300 watts each, for a 9kW system with a 10kWh battery.

$6k for the system you describe... I'd be all over that. And that's WITH a battery? I assume that's after the tax credit and whatever state rebates you could get. For some reason we have a lot less competition up here, though, so maybe our prices are reflected in that.
Emob78: It's been averaging around $1/watt for some time now. But the install costs are still super high. I did some research recently, found a few companies that will do a 4-5kw install for around $6k, with PV panels, battery bank, and grid tie with automatic transfer switch. Nice setups, but still too rich for my blood. Have to stick with the old gas generator for now.

HereForTheBeer: We got US-made SolarWorld monocrystalline panels. A touch less output than some other options but we wanted to get as much of it made domestically as possible. [url=http://www.solarworld-usa.com/~/media/www/files/datasheets/sunmodule-plus-290-300-mono.pdf]http://www.solarworld-usa.com/~/media/www/files/datasheets/sunmodule-plus-290-300-mono.pdf[/url] 30 panels installed at 300 watts each, for a 9kW system with a 10kWh battery.

$6k for the system you describe... I'd be all over that. And that's WITH a battery? I assume that's after the tax credit and whatever state rebates you could get. For some reason we have a lot less competition up here, though, so maybe our prices are reflected in that.
https://www.wholesalesolar.com/grid-tie-packages

The mid-range 'affordable' kit is the 4.4kw with 16 poly panels for $6.6k. Catch is the kit doesn't come with batteries and I'm pretty sure they sell self-install kits. They sell battery packages, but they're sold separately as options. Seems funny, that's like selling a car without an engine.

Their cheapest battery option is a 430ah 48VDC kit for $2.8k. Add that in the with solar panels, charger, inverter + install and you're looking at around $9,000.

Pays to read between the lines.
Cool. That progress bar seemed stuck at "24 hours left" but now it jumped to "1 day and 0 hours left".
I met a nice neighbor and her female dog in the elevator and by the time I finished asking if I can pet the dog she was already on the flood stretched out and ready for some belly/back-rubs. :D

I'm no dog breed expert, but I'm pretty sure her breed is West Highland White Terrier.
gogi :)
The surgeon doing my hernia operation is a huge Harry Potter fan.

Another blow to the assholes of the world who criticize adults for embracing their inner child.
Mom called a short while ago and told me her solar PV setup went online for the first time today. So yay for that.
Someone staying here just gave me shit about having long hair. XD

I put it in this thread because people that stupid make me feel smarter, and that makes me happy.
Our little kitten cub Gung-Ho, who was born somewhat crippled and named for his determination, managed 5 steps in a row today. And it took him most of the night, but he made himself an apartment with a window from an empty box near the furnace. He has been sleeping on us, but he's a big cat now (all 7 inches of him!) and wants to do for himself.
IowaMuffin: Our little kitten cub Gung-Ho, who was born somewhat crippled and named for his determination, managed 5 steps in a row today. And it took him most of the night, but he made himself an apartment with a window from an empty box near the furnace. He has been sleeping on us, but he's a big cat now (all 7 inches of him!) and wants to do for himself.
Pics
I have internet woohoo [fibre 70mbps]

Getting back on my feet, lost my property last June [leasehold forfiture] A flat worth over £100K [I bought it in march 2005 for £76K cash]

I only* owed £1,600 in ground rent arrears, so instead of letting me pay off my debt, they took me to court and ended my lease, I ended up homeless, living on a bench for three months, then into a winter shelter for a month, then into a homeless shelter for seven months, surrounded by crack heads [not nice]

Now I'm in a bedsit, and my internet was activated today.

Happy to be back

All the best
First snow today!

https://i.imgur.com/3SzSiuZ.png
got me a few new games on sale today but my isp trying to ruin it with lol 200 ms download speed trottling,
but new games make me smile as i suffer the isp curse of idoits for greed bandwidth control...

cant wait to try 20 gig download at 205 ms it will be a on the edge of your seat experiance.......