It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been using a first party wired xbox 360 controller lately as a few newer games required a 360 controller specifically to unlock controller mode, so I couldn't keep using my playstation 2 controller on them. I only use this controller on pc, and have an extra chatpad. Some games require one or two keyboard keys in addition to a typical controller, something a chatpad would come in handy for. There seems to be lots of potential drivers some requiring the wireless controller, some requiring the wired, and many either in the alpha stage, or from shady sources. It seems xbox hardware in general tends to be hard to program for, and its console hardware to pc software and drivers seemed to change yearly especially for the original xbox. Most of the solutions I found were on pages nearing ten years old, and so download options are often invalid by then.

I'm sure by now someone must have completed one of these projects to work on my wired and so it would also work on the wireless if I bought the adapter. There must be one by now that is commonly accepted by gamers as being safe and reliable.

If I can ever figure out how to get my games to run through wine it'd be nice for this to work in Linux, although I haven't tried yet.
Not completely sure what you want to achieve but you can use X360CE or Antimicro to emulate your PS2 controller into XBox360 one. Never used Antimicro but it seems a lot more simpler to setup than X360CE.

Keep in mind Windows 7, 8 and older versions of 10 might require a driver to make wireless controllers work.
If you eventually need that driver I can post it here.
Dark_art_: Not completely sure what you want to achieve but you can use X360CE or Antimicro to emulate your PS2 controller into XBox360 one. Never used Antimicro but it seems a lot more simpler to setup than X360CE.

Keep in mind Windows 7, 8 and older versions of 10 might require a driver to make wireless controllers work.
If you eventually need that driver I can post it here.
I want to be able to have the chatpad(small keyboard that plugs into controller) work as a keyboard while I am using my xbox 360 controller on pc. I have a few games that would benefit from having 1-3 more buttons to map to than a typical controller has. I want to not have a controller in my hand and a wireless keyboard sitting in my lap when I'm playing games.

I have adapters from ps2 to various other consoles, including a ps2=>ps3\xbox360 adapter I could try in win10, but ps2 controllers don't typically have keyboards.
I found found something named " Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" over at Microsoft. Seems to only support XP, Vista, and 7, so no idea if it works or is even required (8 and 10 probably have the controller drivers built-in by default). Also no idea if it includes support for the chatpad, I figure most games with controller support probably have a control scheme suited to the buttons on whichever controller they support. I have no way to test though, as I don't have a Windows machine.
Scrapack:
From a quick search, it seems you have some options:
Reddit link
Steam link

Also a good resource
Maighstir: I found found something named " Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" over at Microsoft. Seems to only support XP, Vista, and 7, so no idea if it works or is even required (8 and 10 probably have the controller drivers built-in by default). Also no idea if it includes support for the chatpad, I figure most games with controller support probably have a control scheme suited to the buttons on whichever controller they support. I have no way to test though, as I don't have a Windows machine.
Those are the standard drivers for the controller, and are already built on 8.1 and 10. To my limited knowledge, they don't include chatpad support.
Post edited April 14, 2020 by Dark_art_