It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lolinc: Probably Diablo II Remaster MOBILE. . . you do have a 'phone right?

Laughably, will anyone actaully pay-attention/attend Blizzcon this year?
I will be watching the usual yt-ers and such when they report on it....especially TheQuartering(who says he will be protesting at the event live).
=========================

Crosmando: I don't see why Diablo 2 even needs a remaster, the artwork is very good even today, all it needs is new patch adding official widescreen/4k support.
They could do that for the purists/others, and also a remaster with new style/etc for those who want to see such(like for those who played and like the new RE2)....that way they profit from two groups.

(Maybe do like Monkey Island 1/2 and make it so that both can be played from the same copy?)
Post edited October 28, 2019 by GameRager
Crosmando: I don't see why Diablo 2 even needs a remaster, the artwork is very good even today, all it needs is new patch adding official widescreen/4k support.
They could do that. But they would have to rewrite alot of the game such as how the enemy AI acts etc because the game was designed for 800x600. If they were to implement a widescreen patch without rewriting the code for the enemies it would break game functionality. David Breverck said something about this in one of his livestreams that he did. Plus if they did try to an official widescreen patch the game would look like crap because it would be way too small to see anything. To me they need to redo the textures to make it scale to resolutions higher than 800x600 to make easier to see.

lolinc: Probably Diablo II Remaster MOBILE. . . you do have a 'phone right?

Laughably, will anyone actaully pay-attention/attend Blizzcon this year?
GameRager: I will be watching the usual yt-ers and such when they report on it....especially TheQuartering(who says he will be protesting at the event live).
=========================

GameRager: They could do that for the purists/others, and also a remaster with new style/etc for those who want to see such(like for those who played and like the new RE2)....that way they profit from two groups.

(Maybe do like Monkey Island 1/2 and make it so that both can be played from the same copy?)
Or Starcraft Remastered. They pretty much made an high-resolution skin that you can turn on or of your self for that game. I feel like they need to do the same thing with Diablo 2 remasterd.

lolinc: Laughably, will anyone actaully pay-attention/attend Blizzcon this year?
I am going to because I am curious to see if anyone asks about the Overwatch on the Switch disaster which they caused by cancelling that event. I am going to be watching via a Virtual ticket. If I had the money and means to go I wouldn't because I don't want to be in the crossfire of the protesters.
Post edited October 28, 2019 by Fender_178
Fender_178: Or Starcraft Remastered. They pretty much made an high-resolution skin that you can turn on or of your self for that game. I feel like they need to do the same thing with Diablo 2 remastered.
Sounds good
Well, D I ->D II LOD were Blizzard North productions, with relative autonomy from Blizzard proper.

Quite frankly, at this point I can't see Blizzard being capable of remastering much of anything. . . there is just something wrong there.
lolinc: Well, D I ->D II LOD were Blizzard North productions, with relative autonomy from Blizzard proper.

Quite frankly, at this point I can't see Blizzard being capable of remastering much of anything. . . there is just something wrong there.
They remastered Starcraft and it that turned out to be more successful than Blizzard realized as far as sales go.
I remember some interview with one employee or higher up saying it would be hard to recreate the game in true faith. They mentioned the big problem from a remaster will be the movement of the character in the world.

and that has stuck with me for a while and tbh if they where to put the diablo 3 movement system and have that implemented in the second game if it was remade than I think it would be pretty neat imo.
DreamedArtist: I remember some interview with one employee or higher up saying it would be hard to recreate the game in true faith. They mentioned the big problem from a remaster will be the movement of the character in the world.

and that has stuck with me for a while and tbh if they where to put the diablo 3 movement system and have that implemented in the second game if it was remade than I think it would be pretty neat imo.
David Breverck who created both D1 and D2. He said the game and how the enemy AI functions is based around 800x600 resolution and if you tried to increase the resolution then you would break the game's functionality.
lolinc: Well, D I ->D II LOD were Blizzard North productions, with relative autonomy from Blizzard proper.

Fender_178: They remastered Starcraft and it that turned out to be more successful than Blizzard realized as far as sales go.
No cow-level, no cookie.
Fender_178: They remastered Starcraft and it that turned out to be more successful than Blizzard realized as far as sales go.
lolinc: No cow-level, no cookie.
I never saw the cow level(of course I also never finished either game due to pc failures over the years and losing a large amount of progress)...I am a sad panda.
DreamedArtist: I remember some interview with one employee or higher up saying it would be hard to recreate the game in true faith. They mentioned the big problem from a remaster will be the movement of the character in the world.

Fender_178: David Breverck who created both D1 and D2. He said the game and how the enemy AI functions is based around 800x600 resolution and if you tried to increase the resolution then you would break the game's functionality.
There we go, that is what it was! but yeah lets see how they get around that. if possible that is. unless they had to scrap the thing and start fresh.
Jests aside, I think Blizzcon will kind'a be like this
Post edited October 31, 2019 by lolinc
lolinc: No cow-level, no cookie.
I'm sure that they will put the cow level in. It was a pretty cool bonus for d2.
Post edited October 28, 2019 by Fender_178
If they're going to remaster Diablo II, I hope they make it so you can open the portal to the cow level more than once after you've killed the Cow King.
DoomSooth: If they're going to remaster Diablo II, I hope they make it so you can open the portal to the cow level more than once after you've killed the Cow King.
Yeah I wouldn't mind having that feature as well. The only way of getting it currently is using a mod.