It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The next exciting Summer Sale pack is here. This time we have something for all those fans of scratching heads and devising complex plans. GOG Strategy Bundle includes:

Hard West Collector's Edition (-90%)
Krush Kill ‘N Destroy 2: Krossfire (-35%)
Cossacks Anthology (-75%)

The best thing is, that if you buy this bundle, you’ll save 87% of the price when compared to purchasing all the mentioned above titles at regular prices. So, make your decision commander, and buy GOG Strategy Bundle before the window of opportunity disappears on 27th June 2022, at 10 PM UTC.
high rated
... I was hoping a new (old) strategy game landed here and got added in the bundle, sigh. We could use some more of the greats, GOG. Time to work some SEGA magic :P.
tfishell: Could you clarify? We're still getting free games, I think most people find that enjoyable. Are you talking about not having another AAA title released like Alien Isolation? I don't think that generally happens during a sale, only at the start. (and obviously big-budget mainstream games rarely come to GOG anyway)
TheCleaner517: What is there to clarify? I don't care if we get AAA games or not. Would be nice but I know GoG doesn't get them too often.

I'm talking about re releases like Dawn of War or Space Marine. They don't have to be Warhammer related but just any good old game that gets released on here would be nice.

Like when the original Blood Omen came here and Stubbs... didn't think I would need to spell it out.
I could be wrong but I don't recall a pattern of GOG releasing highly-desired titles during a major sale, just at the start. We have Space Marine and Two Point Hospital to look forward to at least, and hopefully Dawn of War and at least a few other SEGA titles.

Would you rather buy a good old game than get a free game? Is a good old game release a dopamine rush? Free games bring more people in, and that's presumably more exciting to the average gamer than a new release.
Does Krush Kill ‘N Destroy 2: Krossfire run well on Win10?
low rated
TheCleaner517: What is there to clarify? I don't care if we get AAA games or not. Would be nice but I know GoG doesn't get them too often.

I'm talking about re releases like Dawn of War or Space Marine. They don't have to be Warhammer related but just any good old game that gets released on here would be nice.

Like when the original Blood Omen came here and Stubbs... didn't think I would need to spell it out.
tfishell: I could be wrong but I don't recall a pattern of GOG releasing highly-desired titles during a major sale, just at the start. We have Space Marine and Two Point Hospital to look forward to at least, and hopefully Dawn of War and at least a few other SEGA titles.

Would you rather buy a good old game than get a free game? Is a good old game release a dopamine rush? Free games bring more people in, and that's presumably more exciting to the average gamer than a new release.
At this point yes I would rather buy than get a free game that I already have. If the game offered was free AND I didn't already own it then sure. However that's not the case. If you'd take a moment and look at my profile, you would have seen that. Looking at yours however, I see you are more of a forum stalker than anything.

Atleast Alaloth is coming next Thursday. Something to also look forward to.
Post edited June 21, 2022 by TheCleaner517
IronArcturus: Does Krush Kill ‘N Destroy 2: Krossfire run well on Win10?
I'm not on Win10 any more, but even if there are issues with it, there's always cnc-ddraw. Works perfectly fine in Wine, I can say that much.
Post edited June 21, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
tfishell: I could be wrong but I don't recall a pattern of GOG releasing highly-desired titles during a major sale, just at the start. We have Space Marine and Two Point Hospital to look forward to at least, and hopefully Dawn of War and at least a few other SEGA titles.

TheCleaner517: At this point yes I would rather buy than get a free game that I already have. If the game offered was free AND I didn't already own it then sure. However that's not the case. If you'd take a moment and look at my profile, you would have seen that. Looking at yours however, I see you are more of a forum stalker than anything.

Perhaps the way I phrased the questions came off as maybe combative, they were sincere and I wasn't trying to imply you should feel any specific way. I didn't even think to look at your profile, profiles are often private anyway.
Too bad GOG's bundles are awful compared to how Steam is handling bundles, isn't that ironic? :D Luckily I have all these already.
low rated
TheCleaner517: At this point yes I would rather buy than get a free game that I already have. If the game offered was free AND I didn't already own it then sure. However that's not the case. If you'd take a moment and look at my profile, you would have seen that. Looking at yours however, I see you are more of a forum stalker than anything.

tfishell: Perhaps the way I phrased the questions came off as maybe combative, they were sincere and I wasn't trying to imply you should feel any specific way. I didn't even think to look at your profile, profiles are often private anyway.
Not mine, no real reason to make it private. Look all you want. If it is marked private then let me know and I'll fix it.
The old cossacks games are wonderful, in my humble opinion.
I will say it seems like such a weird bundle.

Ostensibly about strategy games (usually a genre I like), but the games are so different from each other - how many people would be genuinely interested in all 3? In my case, literally only one is interesting. And having KKnD 2 - already obscure enough, with good reason - not come with the similarly obscure KKnD 1 (even if the latter is inferior) feels strange again (as that would have been an easy way to bring some consistency to the bundle).

I don't think it's hard to imagine having a strategy bundle focus either on the RTS genre, or the turn-based genre, or the historical genre - you get it, something in common.
If you care about historical connections in game development, then you could justify an a priori random collection by pointing out, for example, how KKnD's commercial success was an inspiration for The Creative Assembly's own Shogun: Total War*, as Tim Ansell considered KKnD "an absolute pile of crap" that showed the ease of success for RTS games at the time. Granted, now you may start doubting the value of a bundle which may highlight one of its titles as objectively subpar, but it could be balanced in a way that its stronger offerings make it more than worthwhile. Doing this can also help people discover games or give a chance to games they may have felt unsure of, like say an Ion Storm bundle with Daikatana in it.

* I realise Shogun: Total War isn't here yet!
idbeholdME: The problem with these is that if you own even one of the games included, it's just not worth it.
I just belatedly came across this game bundle, and its interesting that like the adjacent Insomnia 2022 Promo sales for several games, this GOG-exclusive bundling of 3 games have a limited number of copies offered (5,000 apparently).

I would have been tempted to purchase the bundle, but I already have Cossacks Anthology in my library ... and I'm a bit on the fence on whether I even want to play KKND 2. Hard West Collector's Edition is the only game that I might be interested in, as it seems well reviewed ... but I think I'll hold off