It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Night in the Woods Weird Autumn Edition, Dec 29 (Itch)-This game reminded me a lot of Oxenfree but for some reason I liked Oxenfree a lot more. I never really got into the plot of NITW and Mae was a real jerk for about half the game. There was a noticeable improvement in the last third or so when things started coming together that I enjoyed quite a bit more than the beginning. Some of the music was pretty good. And the Lost Constellation expansion was good too.

Full List
I have nostalgic memories to first Dark Forces, unfortunately when I tried it a few years ago it did not aged well mainly due to bad control, thus some jumping sequences took me more time, then rest of level… Now I just finished STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II which has same issue. Luckily second Dark Forces has something more, great soundtrack from first SW trilogy, short movies and grand design, so everything is in big scale. Such levels I enjoy much, but Jedi fights were too difficult, mainly due to bad control system.
Not too many games for me.
Far Cry 3: Awesome. Loved the story and the gameplay.
Detroit: Become Human: Another great story.
Salt and Sanctuary

This is 2D Dark Souls. Essentially a metroidvania, this game features all the tropes you'd expect of a Souls game, slow careful combat, an eery lonely world, messages left by other players and bosses that can annihilate you. However the combat isn't as punishing as Dark Souls, enemy attacks have a lot more i-frames and your character is invincible when knocked onto the floor. Except for bosses that involve platforming, I wasn't 1-shotted by a single boss, however quite a few normal enemies 1-shotted me plenty. Like Dark Souls you can also breeze through the game as soon as you get a decent shield. The bosses are all interesting, with different enemies forcing you to use different tactics. The end of the game was slightly ruined for me by a glitch, the final boss got me stuck in a wall and became unable to damage me whilst I just spammed attacks against it. It's a good game though, fairly difficult but grinding is always an option for those who struggle.
And my (almost certainly) last game finished this year is Lords of the Fallen. "Poor man's Dark Souls" fits it well, but enjoyable enough for a playthrough. I'm not gonna play NG+ tho.
Just a heads-up that I am unable to make a 'Games Finished in 2021' thread, I've tried 5 times in 3 browsers and nothing goes through. If anyone else would like to take up the mantle, please feel free because it doesn't look like it's going to start working for me anytime soon.
Carrion (2020) (Linux)

I really liked the demo and really wanted to play this one. Outstanding idea and superb atmosphere of reversed horror. Gameplay-wise it's kind of unique mix of puzzle-platformer with arcade elements of mouse-based control; also physics seems to be quite important here. The game balances difficult arcade parts with environmental puzzles – very often you can use your brain (or whatever's inside your creature) instead of brute force to pass some difficult stages. And that's great.

What I didn't like is back-tracking and closed architecture of levels, forcing you to follow a narrow path. It offers some freedom in solving difficult encounters and puzzles, but it's a mess when you take a wrong turn and need to search for a way back when game does not allow to simply turn-around. It took me ~7 hours to complete the game, but, honestly, at least 2 hours was trying to figure out where the hell am I and where to go next.

Great sound and music. Pixel-based, but pretty visuals. If you're able to read this post, your PC probably meets the minimal requirements to run this game.

List of all games completed in 2020.
SCPM: Just a heads-up that I am unable to make a 'Games Finished in 2021' thread, I've tried 5 times in 3 browsers and nothing goes through. If anyone else would like to take up the mantle, please feel free because it doesn't look like it's going to start working for me anytime soon.
I took care of it, hope you don't mind :P https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2021
Post edited December 31, 2020 by Sildring
No more games will be finished this year, and the New Year is only 6 hours away. So it's the CMOT70 games of the year award time. Actually the best game this year isn't in this thread because you cannot finish it: Flight Simulator. But for games finished I managed 78 games, many of them very long games. So a good year.

1. Dark Souls Definitive (XB1X)- played it twice (to add to the three times in the past on 360), quite possibly my all time favorite game now.
2. Dark Souls III (Steam)- also played it twice more, this time on PC. Seems any year I play a From Soft game all others have to take runner up spots.
3. Wasteland 3 (XB1X Game Pass)
4. Code Vein (XSX)- post apocalypse anime vampire Dark Souls.
5. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch)- Not as good as Persona 5, but still an Atlus masterpiece.
6. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (XSX Game Pass)- only Star Wars game ever that I can say I truly liked.
7. Eastshade (XB1X Game Pass)
8. Gears Tactics (Win 10 and XSX Game Pass)- played twice, on PC and Xbox. If they took the combat system and made a true Jagged Alliance style campaign this would be GOTY material.
9. Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (XB1X Game Pass)
10. Borderlands 3 (XB1X/XSX)

Indie/small Studio awards:

1. Eastshade
2. Deliver Us The Moon
3. My Friend Pedro
4. Ruiner
5. Battletoads

Best music/soundtrack:

1. Maid of Sker
2. Wasteland 3

Biggest disappointment:

Pillars of Eternity- Not terrible. But hitting the level cap far too early, no rewards for combat, poor combat overall. Was expecting much better.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by CMOT70
Considering the day, I probably won't finish another game this year :D
That brings me to a total of 37 finished games. Some were really short, like Cayne, others were a 180 hours of The Witcher 3. I kinda wanted to finish more games, but the last 2 month, I got hooked on Grim Dawn again. Overall it was a good year in terms of gaming. Lot's of good games of old and new. Hope next year will be as fun.
I finished 19 games this year. I started Bioshock and Deus Ex: Invisible Wars this month, but paused both to play Pillars of Eternity and I doubt that I'll be finishing that one before February...

Best game I played in 2020: Prey (2017)
Runner-up: Mass Effect 3

I've registered around 110 games as Completed (since 1989).
(I haven't tagged how many games that I've 'played' since then.)
Post edited December 31, 2020 by teceem

Gateways

Wow just managed to get another game ticked off before 2020 ends!
Yes, Gateways - "Portal but it's a 2D Metroidvania" SOUNDS like a good idea in principal but given the limits of the physics of its engine and the 2D space they run out of ideas for a standard portal gun pretty quick and start having to bring in shrink/enlarge, turn the world 90 degrees and.. GAH time loop guns!
The time loop gun is horrible and in the end Gateways is just too fidgety, fiddly and counterintuitive to be fun, except for the parts that are and none of those involve the blooming time loop gun!

Full list:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2020/post56
Post edited December 31, 2020 by Fever_Discordia
Finishing Call of Duty: World at War concludes my list of finished games in 2020, making for a grand total of 25 games finished.
Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker / Neverwinter Nights: Diamond

Wow! Didn't think I'd manage this too by the end of the year, but I was close to the end and decided to just rush it. So, with finishing (such as it is, considering how abruptly it ends, without explaining anything or even allowing questlines to complete) Witch's Wake today, I finally finished all of Kingmaker and also, seeing as almost 2 months ago I also finished those additional scenarios first included in Neverwinter Nights: Gold (bar the multiplayer one), I have now finally, finally finished all of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond. First started the original campaign in 2007, finished in 2009 or 2010, SoU I finished rather quickly after that I think, then started HotU, this definitely still at least in 2010, if they weren't all in 2009 somehow, only finished HotU in 2016, started KM right after that, only finished it in January this year, then SG in March, and WW today! Over 13 years, but there you have it. Phew!

I'll be trying to write a review for Kingmaker, with something about each of the three modules included, but not sure when, and not 100% sure if, for that matter.

Right now, just... feeling rather content.
This year i have finished :

DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition
Tzar: The Burden of the Crown
Torchlight
Torchlight 2
Avernum 1
Avernum 2
Inquisitor
Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Darkstone
Age of Wonders 1
MDK
Risen 1
Risen 2
Grim Dawn + DLCs
Summoner

So 16 games completed this year. Have like 160 more in backlog. 10 years more to finish all i guess. :P