It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help overthrow the order brought by the mages-rulers on the distant planet! An engaging retro RTS titled Nomads of Driftland is now available on GOG.COM. Join the brave Nomads and fight for freedom on your own terms in a is a unique fusion of real-time strategy and Sim genres set in a fantasy world.

The game’s release comes with a special set of discounts on selected titles from the Star Drifters studio that will last until 1st February 2021, 2 PM UTC. That’s not all, now you can also test your skills in Driftland: The Magic Revival Demo for free!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I believe sb on GOG's side messed up and Nomads of Driftland is FREE right now...
Post edited January 25, 2021 by zeffyr
zeffyr: I believe sb on GOG's side messed up and Nomads of Driftland is FREE right now...
"Nomads of Driftland is an RTS game initially created as an add-on to Driftland: The Magic Revival. Since it is significantly different from the base game, we decided to release it as a standalone expansion and make it available for free."

It seems it was meant to be free.

Btw, free stuff is always welcome!
zeffyr: I believe sb on GOG's side messed up and Nomads of Driftland is FREE right now...
It is also free on Steam, so it looks like it is not a mistake on GOG's part.
Nope, it's really free! Quoting the gamepage info section:

Nomads of Driftland is an RTS game initially created as an add-on to Driftland: The Magic Revival. Since it is significantly different from the base game, we decided to release it as a standalone expansion and make it available for free.
Having said that, a big thanks to the developer!
OK, I get it now, but the news itself is worded without that info. Hence confusion.
Thank you for the free game ;)
Thank you for the free game. Will have try it out. But if I will like it, I will definitely buy the add-on :)
My internet connection is not the fastest here, so I need to wait a bit for the free game to download, but I found a video and the game seems interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr4gNKMcKLY
high rated
It looks like it's done as a modern shareware: free base game, paid DLC expansions. A legit model when done right.
Hard to wrap my head around the names for both of the games but appreciate the demo and free game.
Yeah, this a free expansion for Dritlands. Its meant more for people that like more classical approach to RTS instead of only ordering troops through rewards to attack or explore something.

DLC contains missions. And I think 3.39€ is an ok price for that.
Post edited January 25, 2021 by Matruchus
This is an amazingly nice gift coming from the devs of Driftland. To be honest, I like the original game better, since we haven't seen a Majesty-like kingdom sim in a while and Driftland is a good one... but I'm down for an RTS in the same setting. "Bought", together with the add-on, so I guess there was some money exchange there :P.
I only intended to buy the original Driftland.
But since the publisher was kind enough to offer the new game for free I decided to buy its DLC as well.
hmm controller support .. rts

controller support
rts ......

con trol ler sup port

rts ?

gotta see it for myself!!!