It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Test your skills in an arcade space battle game that puts you in control of a Super Orbital Recon Fighter during the 2395 Colonization of Mars. Redout: Space Assault is now available on GOG.COM and 10% off until February 9th, 4 PM UTC.

Outsmart, outmaneuver, and outclass your opponents in this lightning-fast, adrenaline-inducing space combat title!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Looks interesting and the price is also bearable.
Is a controller a must for this game or is it also playable with mouse and keyboard?
So, this is a rail shooter. Interesting, totally forgot this kind of games :)
Rebel Assault series, Novastorm etc.
Looked at reviews from steam and found this video review.
No, thank you. Not my cup of tea.
Ooh, reminds me a little of Lylat Wars (Starfox 64 to you plebs).
op-si: So, this is a rail shooter. Interesting, totally forgot this kind of games :)
looks like a regular shooter to me. edit: not so much after the review linked above. either way, it doesn't look good, but at least they're not selling it for 20-30 eur.
Post edited February 02, 2021 by Dohi64
DO A BARREL ROLL!
Looks like the reviews are pretty divisive https://opencritic.com/game/10828/redout-space-assault/reviews

The scores are just all over the place.
Probably one of the biggest release disappointments. A lot of folks expected something to compete with Everspace and got a rail shooter
op-si: So, this is a rail shooter. Interesting, totally forgot this kind of games :)
Dohi64: looks like a regular shooter to me. edit: not so much after the review linked above. either way, it doesn't look good, but at least they're not selling it for 20-30 eur.
At what I read, there are sections in the game, where you can manoveur/fly/control the ship yourself, but at least 80 % of content in this games is on-rail. That doesn't mean it is bad.

However there are still some bugs left over from the mobile version or did they appear only in the PC versions? Who would know. Anyway, this games was originally on Apple Arcade/iOS (iPhone, iPad).
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/redout-space-assault/id1464678372

Another review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngewcUtSgfs

I hoped for a game like, I don't know Project Freedom or something similar.

Anyway, in a few day I will buy this game and will try it out to see if it is really that bad as some say. Will try to write a review.

For you others I recommend you wait for a higher discount.
is this related to the racing game?
Finna boutta shoot laser beams n shiet.
XYCat: is this related to the racing game?
Only in name (Redout).
XYCat: is this related to the racing game?
It's a prequel.

I suppose you could also say they're related by classic Nintendo franchises in that Redout 1 was an F-Zero clone while this is a Starfox clone.
And only 9 euro's?