It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
king_kunat: Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Well, while I don't give a flying f about stream gaming if that partnership means that they and/or your offer DRM free installers of games previously unavailable I consider it fruitful enough to be a win for all :P
high rated
Memecchi: It could serve as a gateway for the type of people that don't care about offline installers, which is the last thing GOG needs right now
BreOl72: IF that ever happens, you simply don't buy their games...I still don't see the problem.
I was obviously talking about customers, you don't normally refer to publishers as "people" :P
But yeah, I don't want GOG to attract a new, more tolerant towards games-as-a-service, subscriptions and DRM base of users
jadedrakerider: Hey, I might actually use Luna now.

Without a DRM-Free backing, I am not interested in using Luna AT ALL. We may see some classic games available on Luna in the future.

Way to go, GOG.
This. This is the right way todo game streaming. Which helps coping with outragous demands on hardware for PC players.
I'll never use it but more options are a plus
high rated
Congratulations team GOG, as an old fan of everything you did, with its ups and downs, I believe this movement opens a very good future for innovation letting us play your great catalog through different devices and in different ways.

Just hope you also don´t forget from where you came from and we will still have some focus in our "good old games"

Good job for all your business team and good luck!
Actually the demand is not really "outrageous"... because the games involved that really need power are probably around 1% of the entire GoG catalogue. Those games only, the 1%, may need a GPU with a price higher than a PS5.

I can actually play all games at full settings, but of course i own a 1000+ coin GPU, but so far it looks like i can keep this GPU for max settings up to 5 years... which is not to troublesome considering the raw GPU cost. Sure, it is more expensive than a subscription, but i do OWN this machine along with the games.

On a side note: Streaming would be near useless to me for another reason too; I am heavily modding several games such as Skyrim and Morrowind... and i see no chance doing this stuff using a streaming-service with "prepared stuff"... just not going to work this way for me... as a core gamer.

Anyway, i wish all the casual gamers out there a lot of new fun using such a service along with GoG support.

In my mind... you can not have it all for free... certain stuff simply comes at a price but not every gamer got the same demand, so we simply have to accept... and welcome... any kind of gamers.

Indeed... i think i spend WAY TO MUCH time studying about hardware, software... and using lot of time for installing software properly... over and over... with near non stop "tuning" and tweaking of things, so i actually play way lesser than i actually enjoy. However, the PC is not the "easy riders" platform to me... it is the platform that can make everything going to happen with a lot of work... but not the platform that is simply here in order to get some "easy peasy quickie"... rather the "long term sex" that will slowly going to become better after countless sweat and near endless work. I am slowly getting closer to it, year after year... with a collection unmatched by anything another platform can offer to me. If i still want a "quickie"... then i got a PS5 to use for... which works well for me. Clearly this is the core gamer approach which is accepting no compromise...
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Xeshra
Syphon72: That's because you ignore anything good GOG thrown us.
Gimme a list! 👏
high rated
Ok I'm going to add my two cents in here and say I have been trying to distance myself from supporting anything Amazon so not exactly thrilled to hear about this either but most importantly I think the reason I and a lot of people are really not thrilled by this is because GOG is feeling like it's becoming more of the thing we all came here to get away from and it's bloating the service beyond anything we ever wanted out of it. Having online play is nice with GOG Galaxy and now thanks to Windows no longer letting us organize our Start Menu the way we used to having a place to organize and launch our games in one place I can't see as a bad thing but I would like a way to load a more simpler service just for the multiplayer connectivity since the games don't have to be launched from Galaxy to be connected. That being said having Galaxy also allow linking of the very services I hate with a passion did not make me very happy and now partnering with a company I am trying to stop giving money to whenever possible is also making me question the future of GOG and it's viability as a stable source for purchasing DRM Free games without compromises and boy are there compromises to a lot of games released here such as stripped out multiplayer (even when it's peer to peer like how the Battlefront games were when they first released here) to games getting updates on other platforms but still are outdated here (pretty sure there is a forum with a list of such games and it's not small) to forced updates to versions of games we never asked for without the ability to download the old version such as the new version of Saints Row IV (downgrading in GOG Galaxy does not count) to games that not only should no longer be on the platform but if they are they should not still be sold for their full asking launch price due to how broken and unplayable they are such as Lord of the Rings: Golem. My point is that there are a ton of things that the GOG Team could be doing to improve their service and game offerings for those that are actually buying games here and want to continue to do so rather then catering to people who are already happy buying games elsewhere and in the mean time upsetting your already established customers and making the idea of DRM Free less pleasant then it already is for most publishers especially when you let them dictate how they are going to treat the version that gets released on GOG like it's just put on the store to cater to those of us that want to buy it outside of Steam but of course they will never push the full version to GOG you have to buy it on their preferred launcher instead. Anyway I can keep ranting but the livelihood anyone reads this far is slim at best so I'll just say if you were hoping we would be excited by this you clearly don't know your customers that well and it's starting to show.
I think this is really good, GOG give us the possibility to play games on a streaming plataform and conserve our games DRM Free, if I want to download them I have it on GOG, if I want to play anywhere I have Amazon Luna.
Ruvika: I think this is really good, GOG give us the possibility to play games on a streaming plataform and conserve our games DRM Free, if I want to download them I have it on GOG, if I want to play anywhere I have Amazon Luna.
When there's changes, there are always doomsayers as well. Sometimes I'm one of them but this time I think this partnership can be good for GoG.
Good news is that Luna has Parental Control (through PIN) and actual filters.

Given the recent love of GoG for NSFW games, for people like me, being able to access the GoG library through Luna is a plus.

I hope this works.
high rated
haldrie: Look on my wall of text, ye mighty, and despair!
Paragraphs are our friends, you know.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by Breja
high rated
tfishell: (I just tried fckdrm.com and it redirected to GOG. Has it been that way ever since the campaign ended or is this relatively new?)

I can understand how people see this as GOG boiling / continuing to boil the frog in regards to DRM. I also see GOG as a company with something like less than 1% market share (making ~$48 mil, and ~$2 mil in profit, last year compared to the billions spent on PC gaming in general), so I'm willing to try to be understanding when they try something new like this. They aren't in a position to just sit still like Steam is. So if this will somehow get GOG's name out there more and potentially bring in new people, and ideally help GOG gain clout and somehow get more AAA titles here including of course DRM-free installers of those games, all right, cool.
The last fully working archive of FCK DRM was in Dec 2020, with some broken archives in early 2021, so not new, and it's interesting the way that coincided with CP2077's release: https://web.archive.org/web/20201225003258/fckdrm.com/

I can see your point and what others *for* this move see, but I'm in your boiling frog camp (aka slippery slope), lol. GOG has constantly courted slippery slopes and failed. I consider learning from history a big thing and look at Galaxy (Beta Forever!), CP2077 and Witcher 3 DRM Ed, along with a host of other things, including ditching their FCK DRM page at about the time they added DRM to their own games and changed their definition of DRM in an Orwellian fashion not to be a good track record and am very off put by anything that might morph into more "it's completely optional... NOT!".

I'd certainly be more open to this, if not much interested in it, if they removed the DRM from their games, fixed their forums and so many other things first.

Anyway,

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2077_drm_free_version

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/witcher_3_remove_drm
RafaelRamus: Good news is that Luna has Parental Control (through PIN) and actual filters.

Given the recent love of GoG for NSFW games, for people like me, being able to access the GoG library through Luna is a plus.

I hope this works.
You find yourself often unable to stop yourself from playing a game you haven't bought on GOG? I mean if you don't want to play NSFW games from GOG, you simple can just never buy them in the first place. Problem solved.

Hell, you can even buy them and not install them, if for some reason you want to buy them and not play them.

I really don't understand your logic.
high rated
Given Amazon's history of removing features from their other programs, only to offer to sell them back to you at inflated prices (the most recent example of this was the removal of ad-free streaming of programs), I hold little faith that they will not work to further infect anything that touches their game streaming service.

Bad enough we can't even trust GOG to maintain access to purchased versions of games after publishers update them with additional launchers (take the Bioshock or Saint's Row games, as examples) without vigorous pushback, or the blithe addition of DRM riddled affairs (like Hitman), I have concerns.

I hope they end up being unfounded.

(afterthought: There is an inordinate amount of corporate sycophancy here... Hopefully people are paying attention to how the pushes of unregulated capitalism have literally poisoned our species (e.g., microplastics, pollution) and are actively working to reduce human habitability (e.g., also pollution here, wildfires, plastic islands in the oceans) for the enrichment of a proverbial handful of people. If not, why do you hate yourselves? Perhaps there is no immediate point for GOG (outside of allying itself with Amazon right now), but corporations are not your friend, and do not care about you. CD Project Red is a publically traded corporation and will happily exploit its users for the benefit of its customers, and we are not the customers... the shareholders are.)
Post edited March 20, 2024 by xizar