It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
high rated
Amazon Luna?

My two cents:

Thanks, but no thanks.
The offline installers are enough for me and for multiplayer (unless it works otherwise) Galaxy.
high rated
Great, more "optional" clients and more "streaming" nonsense. Just what a DRM-free store needs.
high rated
I can't imagine this ever being useful to me, but seems to be a pretty good deal for anyone who might use Luna (the reciprocal nature of buying the games only on one store to get them on the other is convenient).
high rated
Jesus Christ GOG. What are you turning into?
high rated
I don't mind this. This may help gamers with potato PCs, so more ways to play GOG games are welcome, as long as this service remains FULLY OPTIONAL without any Luna-Exclusive in-game Rewards.

From the blog:

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.
Now here's the big question... If we buy a GOG game via Luna, will it get marked as owned on the GOG store front or not?

It is not a stupid question... not for GOG.

Speaking of this new partnership with Amazon... Didn't Amazon buy Tomb Raider?

GOG Should use this partnership to bring Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider to GOG already.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by SargonAelther
high rated
Yikes - Amazon?!?
kultpcgames: Amazon Luna?

My two cents:

Thanks, but no thanks.
The offline installers are enough for me and for multiplayer (unless it works otherwise) Galaxy.
^ this

---
ReynardFox: Jesus Christ GOG. What are you turning into?
Pretty worrying indeed... :(
high rated
I still blame the people who voted for steam like features in he first Gog survey .
high rated
I've never really tried streaming games like this, but I can see the appeal if you have better internet access than hardware. I might futz with it when traveling for work, my laptop is a lot weaker than my desktop and hotels always have *some* sort of internet.

I did not have GOG teaming up with Amazon on my 2024 bingo. Maybe I should have paid more attention, some of the free games on Prime were occasionally GOG codes.
high rated
as long as it's optional and basically connects with GoG then great.
taking game progress, saves, achievements wherever I need, phone or portable PC will be a good thing (as long as you have a good wifi)

the only problem is it will be of course not free, probably $10/month

but it adds games to Luna, and what's important your existing libraries too
while it gives GoG game streaming functionality (optional) for no or little cost to GoG

not that I will ever use it, but more possibilities and interoperability is a great thing
Post edited March 18, 2024 by SHADOW-XIII
high rated
+1 vote for it being absolutely an "optional" service.

I have prime membership, but I'd rather not sign in to GOG one day to find out I got "opted-in" like the giveaways. I prefer to keep each service seperate. In other words, don't link my GOG account without my express permission!

Thanks...
P.S. Long live offline mode~!
Post edited March 18, 2024 by gog2002x
More options are great, but I've found every cloud gaming option to be too laggy for anything but casual games with no timing necessary. The only exception was streaming from my PC directly to my Deck in my own house, and even then it was hit and miss. Your tolerance may vary of course, but until we invent game controllers that transmit via tachyons, I don't see this getting solved.
high rated
SargonAelther: I don't mind this. More ways to play GOG games are welcome, as long as this service remains FULLY OPTIONAL without any Luna-Exclusive Rewards.
Don't worry. I am sure it will be just as optional as Galaxy :D
high rated
ohhh.

this will be fun

*grabbing popcorn*
I feel so tired: I still blame the people who voted for steam like features in he first Gog survey .
just to point out - cloud gaming is one of the very few features Steam DOES NOT have.

But yes, everything is Steams fault :)
Post edited March 18, 2024 by amok
high rated
What the hell are you doing GOG?

You've managed to capture a community of gamers that want to exactly get away from these sort of tendencies in the gaming ecosystem. We love you for it. Yet this is a spit on our faces.

You should focus on getting better compression for your offline installers, and getting more modern games on board rather than doing the same as the other stores.

Streaming option for an offline oriented store? Really?