It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
wolfsite: Wonder how big of a mountain this molehill will get turned into?

Won't use this myself but streaming is becoming more and more common and accepted by the mainstream
ChristophWr: It doesn’t and never will be. On the pc are also way to many hardcore gamers which will never care about crap like that. Not be able to mod and no control speaks against a pc gamers mentality. Well GeForce now does it right but it will always be a niche thing either. In 2 decades you will be able to download games in seconds and you will be able to play games on a toaster locally
Which is why I said mainstream consumers.... the part you left out of your reply. Mainstream consumers normally are the reason something becomes successful, hell if the DRM-free crowd was the driving force here things like Steam or Denuvo wouldn't exist, however the mainstream decided that the convenience hold precedent over these issues. So GOG does need to do things to help grow revenue and reach the more mainstream market who are normally directed to Steam or Epic Game Store otherwise it will just stagnate.
13ison: I think this is actually kinda neat, I can't wait to try it out.
Genuine question: why? I mean whats the use case? Help me understand.

At best I can only see the case of a few modern games (which is not the core market for GOG) for users that have an older GPU. - I assume also that there is/will defintely be a monthly free that Amazon will charge.
Linko64: To give context, the users on the forums have strong ideals of ownership and DRM-Free. A streaming service is the very opposite of this. It's not a case of being ungrateful, it's simply a valid response to something that breaks a core principle of what this whole thing was built upon. Hope this helps give a little light on the vibe you're seeing here.
Might be clawing at AstroTurf, sadly.
WinterSnowfall: because most of us forumites are grumpy old DRM-free advocates,

Panta rei.
I feel better with: "advanced skeptical and wise gamers in old age" ;-)

Semper fidelis
BrianSim: Is that you Jeff?...
LOOOL
Post edited March 18, 2024 by kultpcgames
high rated
It's optional so I am neutral about it. As long as my offline DRM-Free installers are available from the web page I am still good. I don't see myself ever using Luna.

But just fair warning to GoG. You do realize you are in bed with Amazon right? This is the same company that promised it's users Ad-Free video streaming with their prime subscriptions then just forced advertisements into them unless they paid extra to remove them. And are still claiming they DID NOT raise prices yet again for Prime. Taking away features or adding advertisements into services that didn't have them originally unless you PAY EXTRA is a fucking price increase. I eagerly await your response when using LUNA for game you BOUGHT on GoG will have advertisements in them unless you pay extra for the privilege of not being eye-fucked by unskippable advertisements.
high rated
Mobeeuz: Your tolerance may vary of course, but until we invent game controllers that transmit via tachyons, I don't see this getting solved.
This is correct, it can't be solved by using physics, but apparently it's "solved" by using predictive input. Which is a fancy way of saying the game kind of plays itself for you.
Won't use this myself but streaming is becoming more and more common and accepted by the mainstream consumer so this could help get some more people buying games on GOG through Luna which can help boost revenue for GOG which could help them get more games DRM free here.
That's kind of the problem, as it gets more and more accepted that means eventually games won't be available any other way, and companies will have what they really wanted, namely iron-clad 100% control over your gaming. Which is as opposite of DRM-free as it's possible to be. So GOG is contributing to that, which I have to admit is not something I ever saw GOG doing. Galaxy is one thing, but that's nothing compared to streaming.
high rated
Also just to point out to people, Prime Gaming have been offering codes for games to be Redeemed on GOG so they have been working together for a while now.
randomuser.833: I'd argue the Amazon customer service will be the one in charge here.
AB2012: You remember when GOG announced the partnership to sell Epic Games via Galaxy? Guess who agreed to do all the support work for that?... The burden of "Help! Galaxy isn't launching my officially GOG supported streaming service" support tickets will 100% be placed on GOG not Amazon.
Have to say, I hope they are not stupid enough to do the same shit twice.
Else we are closing in to the old joke about insanity is when you are doing the same thing over and over again, while hitting the wall.
wolfsite: Wonder how big of a mountain this molehill will get turned into?

Won't use this myself but streaming is becoming more and more common and accepted by the mainstream consumer so this could help get some more people buying games on GOG through Luna which can help boost revenue for GOG which could help them get more games DRM free here.
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: Why would people buy? Do you think I started buying more movies when I got a Netflix account?
Because you have to own the game on GOG in order to play it through Luna.
high rated
Hefhef7e8h8: Came here from amazon and wow GoG community looks like the most ungrateful bunch of bastards Ive ever seen lol
WinterSnowfall: Hello there! Well, that's because most of us forumites are grumpy old DRM-free advocates, mostly here because of the DRM-free offline installers GOG is offering. Cloud gaming couldn't be further from the vision of the GOG we love and cherish, but I guess that's just the state of things. Panta rei.
And the Luna service has absolutely zero effect on the games being DRM Free, and zero effect on the offline installers. You can pretend this extra feature doesn't even exist at all and nothing changes for you. But here we are with a bunch of "Karens" complaining about something that has no effect on them anyways.
high rated
Who asked for this?
high rated
WolfEisberg: But here we are with a bunch of "Karens" complaining about something that has no effect on them anyways.
Maybe the "Karens" are just ordinary people who aren't stupid enough to forget this:-
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/12/amazon-prime-video-ads-charge

I'll give it 6 months before that $9.99 fee gets increased or ads will be inserted over the top of your game stream...
Post edited March 18, 2024 by ListyG
Hefhef7e8h8: Came here from amazon and wow GoG community looks like the most ungrateful bunch of bastards Ive ever seen lol
Hey Welcome to GOG. :)

Hope the first impression of the community does not stay a negative one.
There are pleasant people here.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by greyhat
high rated
WolfEisberg: You can pretend this extra feature doesn't even exist at all and nothing changes for you.
That's the plan. Perhaps nothing will change for me/us, however something will have definitely changed for GOG, even if it is only a slight shift in direction, some accommodations will be made to inter-operate with a cloud gaming service. Much like the existence of Galaxy, which was also touted not to affect offline installers in any way (although it very much has), the devil may well be in the details. Time will tell.

I don't see it as a step in the right direction, but then again I won't demand to see the manager either :P.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by WinterSnowfall