It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
high rated
Not interested in cloud gaming but if others do, none of my business.

Although there's no info on how it works yet, I assume you will link our accounts with them and I don't want that.

Don't pass any of my account info or email address to Amazon without my permission unless I decide to use their services. Thank you.
foad01: Amazon Luna has an integration with Twitch. These would be Twitch Drops which already exist and are used in CP2077.
SargonAelther: Twitch rewards, as annoying as they are, are not exclusive to Luna. I have them unlocked already. So as long as they don;t make any new ones that ACTUALLY require playing via Luna, then it'll be fine.
I don't think they add more because both are already Amazon services. With Amazon Prime you can use Luna and you have one Prime Subscription on Twitch. On Luna there is a "Broadcast Directly to Twitch" option and on Twitch there is a "Play on Luna" button.
high rated
randomuser.833: I'd argue the Amazon customer service will be the one in charge here.
You remember when GOG announced the partnership to sell Epic Games via Galaxy? Guess who agreed to do all the support work for that?... The burden of "Help! Galaxy isn't launching my officially GOG supported streaming service" support tickets will 100% be placed on GOG not Amazon.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by AB2012
amok: *grabbing popcorn* just to point out - cloud gaming is one of the very few features Steam DOES NOT have.

But yes, everything is Steams fault :)
There is Steam Link, and such matters, but indeed, not "vague server farm we spent months trying to get working ourselves over Kubernetes".

I'm going to echo #25, because what good is this feature to me, a Linux user?

More to the point, why should I bother playing GOG games when I could be playing takes a quick glance Sonic Mania or Tim Sweeny's Surrogate Son?

...Listen, I know there's a language barrier and all, but is it really too much to ask the Tholians who weave your blog posts to list an itemized list of the games on the service so I can feign interest but give an ultimately snarky reply, or feign interest and roll my eyes continuing to play games where streaming them would be tantamount absurdity?

WHO IS GONNA STREAM COSMO'S COSMIC ADVENTURE, GOG?!
high rated
Will the Offline Installers still be available? Most people go to GOG for DRM-free games, not for "cloud gaming."
IronArcturus: Will the Offline Installers still be available? Most people go to GOG for DRM-free games, not for "cloud gaming."
Yes. Just read the blog post how it is supposed to work.
syscrusher: Look at how limited GOG's racing and horror games inventory is. Just reading the comments tells the story and GOG should be taking cues from us, the members, as to what we want to buy. How about another Far Cry or two? The Need for Speed franchise is old and Steam doesn't offer titles like Underground anymore.
As nice as it would be to have more car game, car games tend to have an annoying amount of licenced content, and for some reason, most people who like car games are shallow & vapid enough that if it doesn't have a ford logo, they won't bother. (Look at what happened to Futuristic racers and most genres outside of the "driving sim".)
Wonder how big of a mountain this molehill will get turned into?

Won't use this myself but streaming is becoming more and more common and accepted by the mainstream consumer so this could help get some more people buying games on GOG through Luna which can help boost revenue for GOG which could help them get more games DRM free here.
high rated
wolfsite: Wonder how big of a mountain this molehill will get turned into?

Won't use this myself but streaming is becoming more and more common and accepted by the mainstream consumer so this could help get some more people buying games on GOG through Luna which can help boost revenue for GOG which could help them get more games DRM free here.
Why would people buy? Do you think I started buying more movies when I got a Netflix account?
high rated
Just what we need, another half baked feature gog will waste time and resources on while the rest of the store suffers.

ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: Why would people buy? Do you think I started buying more movies when I got a Netflix account?
Even now games are being sold on Luna, plus games can get pulled at anytime from shops and streaming services so buying the game ensures you can keep a copy when it is pulled.

Depending how GOG can advertise on Luna they can promote the benefits of having offline DRM copies of there games.

Won't use this myself but streaming is becoming more and more common and accepted by the mainstream
It doesn’t and never will be. On the pc are also way to many hardcore gamers which will never care about crap like that. Not be able to mod and no control speaks against a pc gamers mentality. Well GeForce now does it right but it will always be a niche thing either. In 2 decades you will be able to download games in seconds and you will be able to play games on a toaster locally
high rated
It must be April's fool already. Nice one GOG!
And now...lets get ready for Spring sale shall we?
@ gog I hoped that you partner up with bandai namco or square because they have good games
high rated
There's no future more DRM-Free than a streaming future, that's for sure.