It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Challenge your fears while building your deck and capacities by answering personality tests, visiting rooms, or meditating. Neurodeck: Psychological Deckbuilder is coming soon to GOG.COM. Explore a subconscious maze, full of cards and improvements that will help you defeat the monsters in your mind!

You can start your head-scratching adventure with Neurodeck: Psychological Deckbuilder even now, thanks to the game's demo, available on GOG.COM for free.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
amund: This game looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to play this and the new Huniepop game. GOG needs more card and match3 games for sure.
op-si: It would be interesting to get here Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes.

Or at least something like Grindstone.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-29-grindstone-and-games-that-balance-luck-and-skill
What they really should have is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - the ultimate match 3 game.
Orkhepaj: Yeah more and more "indie" games sadly :=
Look. Many old games will never come to GOG or Steam, because of license rights. So we can be happy, that we have, what we have.

And as you wrote the word "indie", it read quite contemptuous... why?

HUN: Örüljél, hogy van miből válogatni.
amok: What they really should have is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - the ultimate match 3 game.
Yeah, I totally forgot about that one.
There was even a Galaxy version and some other iterrations, but only the first was so successfull.
Wait, didn't they make even a superhero version with countless DLCs?
Post edited February 02, 2021 by op-si
amok: What they really should have is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - the ultimate match 3 game.
op-si: Yeah, I totally forgot about that one.
There was even a Galaxy version and some other iterrations, but only the first was so successfull.
Yes - MARVEL Puzzle Quest (https://store.steampowered.com/app/234330/MARVEL_Puzzle_Quest/). It is free to play, but there are only 4 DLC's.... however one of them is £75!....

They also made Gems of War (https://store.steampowered.com/app/329110/Gems_of_War__Puzzle_RPG/), which uses the same system. Free to play, but £140 in DLC's.

But what I am hoping for is that Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns is coming to PC. It is currently on the Switch only. It is a remake of the original, with a lot more additions
Post edited February 02, 2021 by amok
low rated
Orkhepaj: Yeah more and more "indie" games sadly :=
op-si: Look. Many old games will never come to GOG or Steam, because of license rights. So we can be happy, that we have, what we have.

And as you wrote the word "indie", it read quite contemptuous... why?

HUN: Örüljél, hogy van miből válogatni.
op-si: Yeah, I totally forgot about that one.
cause too many games to chose from just makes buying experience bad
many just clutter the store
i like when there is a quality barrier to keep meh and bad games out
i cant see what's the point of having them when you can play plenty of good games

just like when you search which app to use for a problem and the reviewer posts like 10-20 apps... that won't help me to chose at all , there is always 2-3 best ones you should use and forget the rest
see how more options is not better at all?
Orkhepaj: cause too many games to chose from just makes buying experience bad
i cant see what's the point of having them when you can play plenty of good games

just like when you search which app to use for a problem and the reviewer posts like 10-20 apps... that won't help me to chose at all , there is always 2-3 best ones you should use and forget the rest
Yes, I understand that, but let's give a chance smaller developers too! Don't you think?
And look, if you don't like a type of a games, you simply apply a filter in the search and it will not show up. Simple or not?

And how can you judge a game, when it is not out yet? It is like judging a book by its cover. That is mostly a fail, because covers can lie. Most of the times they do, sadly.
op-si: Look. Many old games will never come to GOG or Steam, because of license rights. So we can be happy, that we have, what we have.
Many old games are available on Steam, Zoom Platform (another DRM-Free store) or elsewhere but not on GOG, and that's the problem.

When publishers / developers want to bring demanded old games here, GOG either rejects these games (as it was with all 1C games that available on Zoom Platform and not available on GOG), or ignores them (as it was with the original Rogue).

Games like Neurodeck or Bonkies wouldn't be a big problem if they were added to the catalog along with demanded games (with a decent amount of votes in the community wishlist), not instead of demanded games.

For example, here is a wishlist entry for one of the rejected games:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/aim_artificial_intelligence_machines

And here is the wishlist entry for this game:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/neurodeck_psychological_deckbuilder

That's why customers who know that GOG has rejected some games with hundreds or even thousands votes get angry when they see games like this one, and I think it's a perfectly fair reaction.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: That's why customers who know that GOG has rejected some games with hundreds or even thousands votes get angry when they see games like this one, and I think it's a perfectly fair reaction.
I understand that and I agree in that matter.

To be honest, I had other type of games in my mind like the old(er) Need for Speed series. No chance, that we would see here (or on Steam, heck even on EA's Origin) the original The Need for Speed for DOS from 1994.

And games like Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.
Hell, even games like Drakan: Order Of The Flame.

Maybe, if someone can accuire all the rights. But that will not be simple if not toally impossible.
The trolling about shovelware I will avoid, as my time and energy is much more important than that, but I saw something in the trailer that made me think the devs didn't put the work to do this correctly and is just using the theme as fluff. In these trying times I think it is a mistake.

Take care, guys, of yourselves AND others.
op-si: To be honest, I had other type of games in my mind like the old(er) Need for Speed series. No chance, that we would see here (or on Steam, heck even on EA's Origin) the original The Need for Speed for DOS from 1994.
The original NFS (and SE)... EA forgot to prolong the contracts with Road&Track, the car magazine heavily featured in the game. That's why they couldn't continue selling the game, it wasn't even about the cars and music (the usual culprits).

OHMYGODJCABOMB: That's why customers who know that GOG has rejected some games with hundreds or even thousands votes get angry when they see games like this one, and I think it's a perfectly fair reaction.
Nobody denies that GOG curation makes mistakes occasionally (and sometimes they are corrected too).
In the end we don't know why a certain game was rejected. Maybe the devs wouldn't commit to patch parity with Steam, maybe the game is good, but is ridden with bugs, maybe the devs are... difficult people to deal with.

And sometimes GOG curation is right, despite the wishlist. For instance Hatred - lot of wishes, but literally everyone I know who actually played the game thinks it was - aside for the scandal factor and the first few minutes - extremely dull and badly designed.

I find the idea of Neurodeck intriguing, will wait for reviews though, since it's not really my go-to genre...
Post edited February 02, 2021 by toxicTom
This looks very interesting. Wishlisted.
Post edited February 02, 2021 by FlockeSchnee
low rated
Orkhepaj: cause too many games to chose from just makes buying experience bad

op-si: Yes, I understand that, but let's give a chance smaller developers too! Don't you think?
And look, if you don't like a type of a games, you simply apply a filter in the search and it will not show up. Simple or not?

And how can you judge a game, when it is not out yet? It is like judging a book by its cover. That is mostly a fail, because covers can lie. Most of the times they do, sadly.
what filter would be that?

For me this looks like an alter artist thingy making little sense.
Are your feelings are the enemy or what? These usually never serious about the subject and put in lulz jokes, cause they usually lack the actual knowledge/talent needed for a serious game.
just look at one decision: build up that Swedish furniture
response : call 911?
:O makes no sense
i've never liked these

Yes covers can lie. Still usually covers lie to make the game more positive than it is actually.
I judge this on my experience with similar covers and those are not good.
At least this has a demo, maybe ill check it out to see if my judgement is false or not.

Anyway you can judge anything you want , with each try your judgement will improve, try it out :P
Oh yes, give small dev teams a chance, when they make products i would like to play like Starsector , that game looks awesome , it should be here on gog.
But gog really shouldnt be an itch.io frontpage for new devs , maybe gog should stick to proven games only.
The name stood for good old games
Post edited February 02, 2021 by Orkhepaj
WinterSnowfall: Sounds like a game that attempts to play with your sanity. I object! That's what real life is for.
And there's a card for that.
Fantastic! ...and people fighting monsters in their minds already...and as always thanks for free demonstration version...

I am a hardcore gamer and games collector, having silly habit of collecting games... and I just know I would never play them all... so what?...I see good game....are you ready?....are you ready for this?

I see a game I like by a trailer and video game play of another hardcore gamer....I do buying it to support artists! :D
Some of my friends collecting ...strange stuff... worth top dollpound... I am spending much less on games anyway...
but...maybe this is somehow connected with buying most games on big promotions....and....this way I do not support that much those artists after all...who knows...who cares... lol

Psychological Deckbuilder !? Wtf is psychological Deckbuilder? I am truly agog about it...

btw. be quick with demos, 10% tend to disappear once game is released

peace and love^ don`t let them get you down, fly!
Post edited February 02, 2021 by user deleted
So, I tried Neurodeck, it's underwhelming. About citing Slay the Spire as an influence, that was an obligation. Failing to do so would be dishonest. The fact that the result is lights year distant from the inspiration is a different matter. The animation I liked in the trailer become annoying in a matter of seconds. The "psychological" theme is left to some silly question, on the level of a personality quiz from a girls magazine from the 80s. And there are grammar errors. Please find a writer who knows the difference between you and your. I guess these should take the place of the encounters between fights in StS. But the questions and answers are silly and arbitrary.
There should be diary pages from the character, but the text appears at one letter per second. Are you kidding me. I'm not waiting for minutes to read that. When you mouse over a card you don't get any information. You are told that a card will generate another card, but nowhere it says the effect of the generated card. I had to accept that in the dark. For now I can say that I have lost interest, I'm good with this run from the demo. I can't just get in the flow, and I fear there's no flow to get into. This game needs a lot of work. It isn't "shovelware", there's effort but the game is both unfinished and taken in a wrong direction IMHO. But If you are ok with a skin theme for Slay the Spire that doesn't play so good you might keep an eye on it and hope that it gets developed in a better way.
Post edited February 03, 2021 by Dogmaus