It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Eidos anthology pack, if you want to boost the steam library, is -90% in the sale

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4910/Eidos_Anthology/
amok: The Eidos anthology pack, if you want to boost the steam library, is -90% in the sale

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4910/Eidos_Anthology/
Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Adrian Gates
Outcast second contact is FREE on HB and looks like it comes DRM free
cecil: Outcast second contact is FREE on HB and looks like it comes DRM free
Is it DRM-free only? I don't see a key. That's pretty weird, just offering a download with an expiration date. I guess there had to be a catch. ;)
Post edited November 22, 2018 by Leroux
cecil: Outcast second contact is FREE on HB and looks like it comes DRM free
Leroux: Is it DRM-free only? I don't see a key. That's pretty weird, just offering a download with an expiration date. I guess there had to be a catch. ;)
seems to be... My theory is this way even if you make mulitple accounts you don't actually get anything for it thus insurance against key issues.
Leroux: Is it DRM-free only? I don't see a key. That's pretty weird, just offering a download with an expiration date. I guess there had to be a catch. ;)
cecil: seems to be... My theory is this way even if you make mulitple accounts you don't actually get anything for it thus insurance against key issues.
Dunno, maybe, but I thought the expiration dates were against key issues. Making the DRM-free download itself expire within a week sounds like you'd still need to buy the game if you want it to be kept up-to-date and available for re-download. Can't blame the devs for that, since it's still a new game, but it's still slightly misleading to say "Completely free, no strings attached, download to your heart’s content!" in that case. Not wrong, but misleading (since you won't be able to download at your heart's content after next week, and the strings attached are expiration date, newsletter subscription and lots of Humble ads to scroll through). But it's still free and DRM-free either way, so that's nice.
Post edited November 22, 2018 by Leroux
cecil: seems to be... My theory is this way even if you make mulitple accounts you don't actually get anything for it thus insurance against key issues.
Leroux: Dunno, maybe, but I thought the expiration dates were against key issues. Making the DRM-free download itself expire within a week sounds like you'd still need to buy the game if you want it to be kept up-to-date and available for re-download. Can't blame the devs for that, since it's still a new game, but it's still slightly misleading to say "Completely free, no strings attached, download to your heart’s content!" in that case. Not wrong, but misleading (since you won't be able to download at your heart's content after next week, and the strings attached are expiration date, newsletter subscription and lots of Humble ads to scroll through). But it's still free and DRM-free either way, so that's nice.
I am planning to contact Humble because oif this problem and misleading PR text. Maybe they will listen.
Post edited November 22, 2018 by MarkoH01
Leroux: but it's still slightly misleading to say "Completely free, no strings attached, download to your heart’s content!" in that case.
Could you please tell me where you read this? I cannot find it.
Edit: Nevermind - just found it.
Post edited November 22, 2018 by MarkoH01
Leroux: but it's still slightly misleading to say "Completely free, no strings attached, download to your heart’s content!" in that case.
MarkoH01: Could you please tell me where you read this? I cannot find it.
The game comes as a zip file and after unzipping it there's no use of a cd-key or even an installation. You simply unzip it an click the exe file so run the game.
MarkoH01: Could you please tell me where you read this? I cannot find it.
jepsen1977: The game comes as a zip file and after unzipping it there's no use of a cd-key or even an installation. You simply unzip it an click the exe file so run the game.
You seem to either have misunderstood my post completely or wanted to quote another post.
Post edited November 23, 2018 by MarkoH01
Has anyone here played Leap of Faith?
tinyE: Has anyone here played Leap of Faith?
I've played Leap of Fate, if that's what you mean. Only a little though, and it was a while ago, so not sure if I could be of help.
MarkoH01: You seem to either have misunderstood my post completely or wanted to quote another post.
My post was just a general FYI and not really a direct reply to you. But the point is that no cd-key is required. You get a file that you unpack/unzip and that's that.
jepsen1977: My post was just a general FYI and not really a direct reply to you. But the point is that no cd-key is required. You get a file that you unpack/unzip and that's that.
Yeah, I know. With key I meant "Steam key", since you usually get that with Humble freebies. Sorry for the confusion! The game is completely DRM-free, which is good, my worry was just that you need to back up the zip real good, because the game is not added to any account and access to the download link expires after a week, so if something like this happens to you, it's gone. Then again, it's free, so "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", I guess. :)
As announced I just contacted humble support and explained to them why removing a DRM-free game from library adter the deadline would be a bad idea and how this ios different in the case of a Steam key. Let's hope they listen.