It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I totally agree. Gog in big sales of three weeks should make things for people visit the web every day; flash deals, events, rewards for purchases, contests, not only giveaways (that are welcome).
I'm not advocating for constant events...

... but...

... a simple calendar showing new releases dates, giveaway dates, and the start of things like insomnia sales is appreciated. I believe there was a calendar like this last year.

Again -- as to the sale -- it just doesn't feel that "special." The discounts -- for the most part -- are the usual sales prices on the "usual suspects."

I went through the entire discount list a few days ago -- placing every game into my cart that holds absolutely any interest for me (as I usually do) and then slowly weeding those down by price. I went from a cart over $600 to around $15... and even then I'm not excited about the prices. Maybe I'm too critical ATM (after buying Christmas presents), but I just don't see any deals that are so good that I have to purchase them from GOG ASAP!

Hopefully GOG has some surprises up its sleeve...?

But as of right now this sale feels (to me) kinda *meh*
@kai2 - Yup, meh. And a calendar would help a bit. Even streaming AccuRadio now has an advent calendar leading up to Christmas to show which of its stations are going to b commercial free each day.
You'd think with such a low effort Christmas sale event they'd have at least dropped God of War to distract from the mediocrity.
ReynardFox: You'd think with such a low effort Christmas sale event they'd have at least dropped God of War to distract from the mediocrity.
Wait, thay released several games last year, but not all at once, there is 3 weeks more, they have to leave a surprise for those days or it will be pretty boring :D
ReynardFox: You'd think with such a low effort Christmas sale event they'd have at least dropped God of War to distract from the mediocrity.
KetobaK: Wait, thay released several games last year, but not all at once, there is 3 weeks more, they have to leave a surprise for those days or it will be pretty boring :D
GOG rarely releases anything (that isn't schedule, a regular launch) in the last week of a sale, so just 2 really
I'd guess GOD OF WAR was probably planned for the Winter Sale but didn't make it for some reason. It's not like there haven't been high profile games released recently (YAKUZA series, DAYS GONE, etc.), but so far the Winter Sale only has BOLTGUN. I've heard the game is very good... but... expectations were high for this sale (too high?).

Can't explain it, but I kept getting the feeling we'd get more DRAGON AGE. Guess my intuition needs some tuning up! ;)
Post edited December 17, 2023 by kai2
kai2: I'd guess GOD OF WAR was probably planned for the Winter Sale but didn't make it for some reason. It's not like there haven't been high profile games released recently (YAKUZA series, DAYS GONE, etc.), but so far the Winter Sale only has BOLTGUN. I've heard the game is very good... but... expectations were high for this sale (too high?).

Can't explain it, but I kept getting the feeling we'd get more DRAGON AGE. Guess my intuition needs some tuning up! ;)
Only the first Dragon Age is DRM free. Maybe the second can be as well, but Inquisition is definitely not DRM free. Same reason we don't see Mass Effect Legendary edition here. DRM-d to hell and back.
If we have to install EA Play for GoG games, then there's no point in having it.
Have there been any leaks about what titles will be giveaways during this uninspiring Winter Sale? Or for that matter, if there will be more giveaways? The fact GOG doesn't mention when the next one will be gives me pause but I'm still assuming there will be another 2 or 3 to come.
syscrusher: Have there been any leaks about what titles will be giveaways during this uninspiring Winter Sale? Or for that matter, if there will be more giveaways? The fact GOG doesn't mention when the next one will be gives me pause but I'm still assuming there will be another 2 or 3 to come.
There will be 4 more, 2 of which possibly leaked (though I'm skeptical, as both titles are currently discounted and this random video is the only source): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_free_games_on_gog/post776
If you're willing to believe Clownski (I recognize some people won't after the Phantom Liberty DLC issue), then we're on track to get God of War not too long after the Christmas sale. I believe it was posted in the GOG Discord last week.

Boltgun was a decent release imo.

kai2: Can't explain it, but I kept getting the feeling we'd get more DRAGON AGE. Guess my intuition needs some tuning up! ;)
Would have been awesome but that'd require EA to care. ;)
Post edited December 17, 2023 by tfishell
@ssling - Sounds promising, thanks.
kai2: so far the Winter Sale only has BOLTGUN. I've heard the game is very good... but... expectations were high for this sale (too high?).
Boltgun does indeed look really good and I'll be picking it up eventually, but it's nothing that was ever going to set the world on fire. But while people probably do set their expectations too high for GOG, I think it's pretty reasonable to have expected something more than what we got.
Post edited December 19, 2023 by ReynardFox
I don't think people set their expectations too high for GOG, like, we're still missing some high profile indies that should be reasonable easy to get, well definitely easier than Days Gone, Uncharted and GoW lol

But for some reason GOG always drops the ball when it comes to christmas sales, the only saving grace are the giveaways

In any case, having Boltgun as the only shiny, new game would be terribly disappointing
Then the Summer Sale is more the only major sale. But at the very least, the Christmas Sale should be equal to it. Why? Because members are in a festive mood, seeking fun after being stressed out, and are prepared to shop for games as gifts as well as to treat themselves. This is the time of year when all retailers count on huge increases in sales to make the fiscal year profitable. GOG should focus like a laser to maximize sales from Black Friday through New Year's.