It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's get physical

<span class="bold">Exanima</span>, the dark isometric RPG armed with a unique, physics-based combat system, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount.

You find yourself in a dark dungeon full of dangers shambling out of the shadows. You feel powerless, defenseless, alone. In order to survive, you'll need to grab a weapon and quickly familiarize yourself with Exanima's innovative combat system, which requires your undivided attention and adaptation to its dynamic flow. Every hit has it's own weight, angle, momentum, and impact.
The unconventional mechanics are being constantly refined and polished but Bare Mettle also aim to keep adding new content: complex NPC interactions, ranged and magic-based combat, additional encounters, items, and environments. After having successfully gone through the game's alpha and beta stages, they hope to release this compelling low-fantasy RPG within six to nine months, but as we all know the development process is full of emergent challenges, much like Exanima's core gameplay.

Learn to survive the dungeons by mastering the unique combat mechanics of <span class="bold">Exanima</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 15% discount will last until May 23, 12:59 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Tauto: Love the avatar:)
Thanks! Same to you :)
I was too slow for the discount. A few games were until the 24th, thought this was one. Appears I'm a day out. No matter good time to go to bed.
deonast: I was too slow for the discount. A few games were until the 24th, thought this was one. Appears I'm a day out. No matter good time to go to bed.
Well, you missed a 15% discount on an Early Access game. Nothing to lose sleep over; I guess. Good night! :)
deonast: I was too slow for the discount. A few games were until the 24th, thought this was one. Appears I'm a day out. No matter good time to go to bed.
Even at the regular price the game is one hell of a bargain. With just the current content (5 levels/areas) it'll take a new player 30+ hours to complete the story mode and the arena mode with progression offers nearly an unlimited amount of gameplay. Once the additional 9 areas are added that number will increase to ~100+ hours so for $15 the game is a steal.
Post edited May 23, 2016 by freakie1one
freakie1one: Even at the regular price the game is one hell of a bargain. With just the current content (5 levels/areas) it'll take a new player 30+ hours to complete the story mode and the arena mode with progression offers nearly an unlimited amount of gameplay. Once the additional 9 areas are added that number will increase to ~100+ hours so for $15 the game is a steal.
Nice, though perhaps too much game play for someone who has limited free time. Damn I can see the bad points of everything :)
freakie1one: Even at the regular price the game is one hell of a bargain. With just the current content (5 levels/areas) it'll take a new player 30+ hours to complete the story mode and the arena mode with progression offers nearly an unlimited amount of gameplay. Once the additional 9 areas are added that number will increase to ~100+ hours so for $15 the game is a steal.
deonast: Nice, though perhaps too much game play for someone who has limited free time. Damn I can see the bad points of everything :)
If you have limited play time just hop into the practice arena or the regular arena. Both offer quick fights that you can play for as long or short amount of time as you like.
deonast: Nice, though perhaps too much game play for someone who has limited free time. Damn I can see the bad points of everything :)
freakie1one: If you have limited play time just hop into the practice arena or the regular arena. Both offer quick fights that you can play for as long or short amount of time as you like.
Nice, something for everyone then
It's interesting in the same way that Gang Beasts is an interesting physics based fighter, with the difference being that Gang Beasts doesn't have you bumbling around bland, boring dungeons with an un realisticly clunky character that gets stuck on anything and everything. It doesn't help that the npc's you encounter are mostly brain dead and passive or brain dead and violent.

The arena seems fun, but there isn't much value in going through the dungeons. Or just play Gang Beasts.
Post edited January 31, 2018 by camendiv
Flicking through the recommended games i saw this (btw GOG does the recommended games list ever update?..same games been showing for weeks...), anyone know where this game is in dev at the moment?. I see was *released* April 2015.
Any games been in dev longer? ;)
Is it my imagination there is a game of similar or same name on mobile?.
Is this one worth a try?.
Niggles: Flicking through the recommended games i saw this (btw GOG does the recommended games list ever update?..same games been showing for weeks...), anyone know where this game is in dev at the moment?. I see was *released* April 2015.
Any games been in dev longer? ;)
Is it my imagination there is a game of similar or same name on mobile?.
Is this one worth a try?.
My opinion: steer clear. This dev team did a kickstarter in 2012 for a game called Sui Generis, of which Exanima is an offshoot. Sui Generis has yet to see the light of day 9 years later. Thankfully, I only tossed the bare minimum pledge at it on a whim, but I personally would steer clear of anything in which Bare Mettle Entertainment is involved.