It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Month end for my job is done. Friday was hectic and I received lots of last minute requests.
Web scraping with Python.
CUBS LOSE!
CUBS LOSE!
BREWERS WIN!
BREWERS WIN!
In celebration of *******, let there be a party at https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/xSAWt/this-community-has-been-good-to-me
The fact that one of my least favorite professors is on holiday for most of October (I hope she enjoys it can come back a bit less stern) and my mom sharding some amusing news from work (a company needs a LOT of custom-made pack boxes in a week and the person that makes them does so manually - a tall order indeed).

Cheers from a teetotaller with kids' champagne. ;)
Tropical Storm Rosa.

It's been incredibly refreshing to see the clouds today. We rarely get them in the desert, but today there were all kinds, low, high, light, dark. Some covered the mountaintops and it was beautiful. It was also so nice to feel some moisture in the air, to smell the rain. I haven't actually seen any yet, but I smelled it when I was leaving work. Although I normally prefer dry climates, I do miss the rain.

Right now it's dark, but I hear the thunder up in the mountains. Soon it'll rain heavily. I can't wait!
DING DONG, The Cubs Are Gone!
The Cubs Are Gone!
The Cubs Are Gone!

DING DONG, The Fucking Cubs Are Goooooone!

Oh and

THE NHL SEASON STARTS TODAY!!!
Can the Caps repeat?
Can Vegas maintain their historic rise?
Will Chicago be able to crawl back into contention?
Are the Sharks the biggest chokers in league history!?
Will Canada EVER win a Cup again!?

STAY TUNED!
Post edited October 03, 2018 by tinyE
Been a long work week already. Started Sunday, along with 15 hours yesterday between customer visits and driving. Seen four customers already and fixed three machines. But the next customer isn't ready for me yet since a service visit interrupts production. Go figure. "My machine isn't running well." Okay - I'm here to help. "But we can't take it out of production!" Umm...

But I'm already in town with not much to do for the day. Gonna catch up on rest, maybe do a touch of paperwork, play a game or two, finish the book I'm reading, and catch up on more rest. Hopefully the phone and email will be quiet today.
Except for one or two minor details, our solar PV installation is finished. Went online 02 August and we've farmed just shy of 2MWh already. Power bill last month dropped to 18 bucks, and I think we'll have banked some power this month instead of paying in. So yay for that.

During the previous visit on the system, they installed the current transformers (CTs) to monitor certain circuit on the property - pretty much the same as using a Kill-A-Watt but it's a permanent installation and it covers everything on a particular breaker. We're seeing now which circuits are using more power, and I think I can adjust usage of a couple particular items out in the shop in order to knock consumption down a healthy amount. At least on a seasonal basis, since two items are directly related to temperature and humidity control.

So we're happy with it so far.

Oh, and got the asphalt drive finished last week. That'll take care of the mess we were dealing with before.

Next, we need to work on the heating side of both buildings.
HereForTheBeer: Except for one or two minor details, our solar PV installation is finished. Went online 02 August and we've farmed just shy of 2MWh already. Power bill last month dropped to 18 bucks, and I think we'll have banked some power this month instead of paying in. So yay for that.

During the previous visit on the system, they installed the current transformers (CTs) to monitor certain circuit on the property - pretty much the same as using a Kill-A-Watt but it's a permanent installation and it covers everything on a particular breaker. We're seeing now which circuits are using more power, and I think I can adjust usage of a couple particular items out in the shop in order to knock consumption down a healthy amount. At least on a seasonal basis, since two items are directly related to temperature and humidity control.

Oh, and got the asphalt drive finished last week. That'll take care of the mess we were dealing with before.

What's the battery bank look like?
HereForTheBeer: Except for one or two minor details, our solar PV installation is finished. Went online 02 August and we've farmed just shy of 2MWh already. Power bill last month dropped to 18 bucks, and I think we'll have banked some power this month instead of paying in. So yay for that.

Emob78: What's the battery bank look like?
Hey man - welcome back.

It's 68 x 22 x 10 inches HWD. Lithium Ion so it's not like the giant lead-acid battery packs from just a few years earlier. Projected 15-year life, but if they're anything like the hybrid car batteries then it's probably closer to 25+ years. They live a comparatively charmed life in the basement.

https://www.pika-energy.com/files/datasheets/pika_harbor_flex_datasheet.pdf
Ostagram.
Emob78: What's the battery bank look like?
HereForTheBeer: Hey man - welcome back.

It's 68 x 22 x 10 inches HWD. Lithium Ion so it's not like the giant lead-acid battery packs from just a few years earlier. Projected 15-year life, but if they're anything like the hybrid car batteries then it's probably closer to 25+ years. They live a comparatively charmed life in the basement.

Li-Ion has come a long for sure. I recently bought two Rockpals 250w (222wh) Li-Ion batteries for power outages, along with a 60watt solar charger. Not anywhere near your setup, but it's still nice to be able to run some fans, lights, etc during a storm. Everyone should have a battery or two at home. Never know when a hurricane/snowstorm/blackout might come along and ruin your day.
HereForTheBeer: Hey man - welcome back.

Emob78: Li-Ion has come a long for sure. I recently bought two Rockpals 250w (222wh) Li-Ion batteries for power outages, along with a 60watt solar charger. Not anywhere near your setup, but it's still nice to be able to run some fans, lights, etc during a storm. Everyone should have a battery or two at home. Never know when a hurricane/snowstorm/blackout might come along and ruin your day.
Ours are for backup, too, for now. The power company is being cool about the grid-tie, 'trading' at a 1-for-1 rate. If they ever go the wholesale-in retail-out route then maybe we'll switch over to a more active setting.