It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
high rated
BKGaming: We all know this isn't gonna replace DRM free
No, no we don't.

Partnership with Amazon doesn't scream commitment to DRM-free.

Amazon is scum in company form after all.
high rated
ussnorway: apart from everything else Dragons Dogma 2 has a clear pay to win system.... i'd personally be okey with Gog allowing it but i also have zero interest in owning or playing it
Knightspace: Technically it doesn't have p2w. It has pay to skip gameplay, which is the sole reason for the existence of games.

It's a typical capcom bullshit move that they used for over a decade now. I don't expect them to ever release their games on GoG due to this crap and their insistence on using online drms and, recently, anti modding software.
Yeah sadly Capcom lost the ball a long time ago. Really sad since they had such great game series.
lupineshadow: No, no we don't.

You're saying Amazaon does not have the best interest in gamers in Mind ?!?!?!?! That's so so so......completely right.
Post edited March 29, 2024 by Reaper9988
lupineshadow: No, no we don't.

Truth. GOG may as well join WEF.
TheEspressoMan-15: It's been requested for years, the time for excuses are over IMO.
jadedrakerider: Excuses? You do realize companies do not answer to their consumers, right? Das Capitalism, y0.

We have other options. Itch and Humble Bundle, for example. You can even start a platform yourself. Heck, I would love to see somebody write a platform-agnostic launcher that will link any game. There's no technical or legal reason why you couldn't do that.

They cater to their consumers, but it's not as though we are share holders just because we use their service or purchase their products.
This is literally another excuse while trying to make it look like you're criticizing them too. I already mostly use other services, id like to make them an option, but the lack of Linux support kills the service next to itch or even the souped up HL launcher. If you don't like that people are going to complain about long standing issues, You're acting as a corporate cheer leader. A bit strange after telling me on discord that this was a legitimate complaint.
lixicus: And for your info gog sales and market share is growing, it's doing better that previous years, and here is you talking about it's slow death xD.
They did make a cool million last year... after a decade and a half in the gaming industry which has grown immensely. I keep saying this but in my opinion, if it wasn't for CDP IP's being sold here without a sales cut, the store wouldn't even be around anymore.
Post edited March 31, 2024 by Pheace
Pheace: They did make a cool million last year... after a decade and a half in the gaming industry which has grown immensely. I keep saying this but in my opinion, if it wasn't for CDP IP's being sold here without a sales cut, the store wouldn't even be around anymore.
No shame in being profitable (or more likely just breaking even) and still around after 15 years.

Who knows, Steam might fuck up their dominant position in the future.

But also have respect for Steam for not doing so so far. There's a lot of hate for Steam because they are DRM-enablers but business-wise you can't fault them.
high rated
king_kunat: Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Could you please lock this thread? This is such a depressing cavalcade of bitterness, entitlement, and a demonstration of gamers' complete misunderstanding of the business-customer relationship.
high rated
jadedrakerider: Could you please lock this thread? This is such a depressing cavalcade of bitterness, entitlement, and a demonstration of gamers' complete misunderstanding of the business-customer relationship.
Please, prevent people from voicing opinions I disagree with immediately.
high rated
king_kunat: Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

jadedrakerider: Could you please lock this thread? This is such a depressing cavalcade of bitterness, entitlement, and a demonstration of gamers' complete misunderstanding of the business-customer relationship.
Yeah.....nooo ? It's all pretty civil here, sorry we're not one happy family inviting Amazon in.......
And the business/customer relationship has been screwed up for decades in the gaming industry, in favour of the businesses.
Post edited March 31, 2024 by Reaper9988
So Luna customers don't get to pollute GOG reviews with their own reviews right?
lupineshadow: So Luna customers don't get to pollute GOG reviews with their own reviews right?
anyone can write a review on gOg already, there is no requierment to own the game to write a review
GOG.com: What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna).
Sounds like a cool idea but I assume almost all of my old school GoG collection won’t also be available on Luna. This is really only for more current games, right? I don’t imagine Luna supporting some 1990s goodness.
I love it. When it will be started?
Schulze87: I love it. When it will be started?
Some time between "Who Knows" and "Never". GOG told us to visit their blog, which then tells us to go visit Luna's website.

It's a web of lunacy, you see; and I think they want conversions first, questions later.
Post edited April 01, 2024 by ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ
It would be great for GOG and for customers if you offered a free tier like Geforce Now. Basic Rig, Standard Access to Gaming Servers, 1-Hour Session Length, Ad-Supported, 1080p/60fps on medium settings. If you want to bring new people to GOG, especially younger gamers, you have to entice them with much more than a free 7-day trial. When you launch the service, you could give away some promo codes for a 3-6 month subscription without having to enter credit card details.