It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mchack: Nor do I have the literary competence to write concise sentences in english (not sure about german, but definitely (I think this is the first time I wrote that word correctly) not english) so my flavor would have nearer semblance to said regurgitation than a well told story.
Well I'm sure that there are people out here who would be able to help you with that, so don't let that stop you ;-)
mchack: Nor do I have the literary competence to write concise sentences in english (not sure about german, but definitely (I think this is the first time I wrote that word correctly) not english) so my flavor would have nearer semblance to said regurgitation than a well told story.
moonshineshadow: Well I'm sure that there are people out here who would be able to help you with that, so don't let that stop you ;-)
heh. Thanks :) nice of you to say that. Guess there's more silent spectators than I thought :D
yes I think with enough time to prepare even I could get a bit of flavor done and maybe have it proof read by someone more fluent in english...
And about the balancing I figured (after posting) that I could just use one of the [url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Mini_Open_Setups]open setups[/url] on mafiascum.net - They should be balanced enough

So yes I shouldn't right out dismiss the thought of moding a game, but it'll take some time until I'm confident enough to actually do it (and I should co-mod a few games beforehand anyway) so yeah the seed is planted but it'll take time...

EDIT:
DIPS on Westworld! (oh and red dwarf! :D) -- and by dips I mean, please someone make a westworld (/or red dwarf) themed game.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by mchack
GG everyone, high-five to my fellow Cylons for their flawless victory, and thanks to PoppyAppletree for hosting.

EDIT: and big thanks to yogsloth for stepping in.

One question to PoppyAppletree - would Damantion's N1 PM be worded the same if he hadn't been the recruitment choice?

mchack: lol. :)
I don't have the faintest Idea on how to balance/mod a game. Nor do I have the literary competence to write concise sentences in english (not sure about german, but definitely (I think this is the first time I wrote that word correctly) not english) so my flavor would have nearer semblance to said regurgitation than a well told story.
all in all, I'm fine with my place as a spectator. mayhaps sometimes player but mod is way to soon for me.
You can always go the Vitek route, and have little to no flavour.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: One question to PoppyAppletree - would Damantion's N1 PM be worded the same if he hadn't been the recruitment choice?
No, not at all - it was spiced up because of the recruitment. Since he was the recruitment target, anything mentioned in the scumchat was fair game to include in the flavour since the scumchat link followed the PM.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
PoppyAppletree: Yes, that would be game over. If you hadn't been brigged, the Town would have lost once the mislynch happened on Day 3; likewise, if a Town player had been brigged instead of you, it would have been game over for Town.
You mean the break of D4 right? We needed a mislynch and a nightkill if no one was brigged.

PoppyAppletree: Also, you totally deserved to get lynched on Day 1. :P I was fairly certain you would be, and I was shocked when you got out of it - yogsloth's response to "Town Roleblocker" accurately describes my personal feelings about it.
Hah, the quickvote that drew so much attention was a genuine mistake and a consequence of posting as I caught up rather than catching up and tgen posting. It was a mistake I would have made in exactly the same way as town.
PoppyAppletree: No, not at all - it was spiced up because of the recruitment. Since he was the recruitment target, anything mentioned in the scumchat was fair game to include in the flavour since the scumchat link followed the PM.
Cheers. And how would he had flipped had he been lynched or modkilled?
PoppyAppletree: No, not at all - it was spiced up because of the recruitment. Since he was the recruitment target, anything mentioned in the scumchat was fair game to include in the flavour since the scumchat link followed the PM.
HypersomniacLive: Cheers. And how would he had flipped had he been lynched or modkilled?
Karl "Helo" Agathon, Cylon Sleeper Agent (Mafia Goon). I refused to answer yogsloth's question about it (which he relayed in the scumchat) because it pertained to another player's PM.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
mchack: DIPS on Westworld! (oh and red dwarf! :D) -- and by dips I mean, please someone make a westworld (/or red dwarf) themed game.
Polymorph anyone? You'd have to set it around series 8 to have enough characters though.
HypersomniacLive: One question to PoppyAppletree - would Damantion's N1 PM be worded the same if he hadn't been the recruitment choice?
Hence the detail about finding Lift by the body... Nice bus with that, Damnation!
mchack: So yes I shouldn't right out dismiss the thought of moding a game, but it'll take some time until I'm confident enough to actually do it (and I should co-mod a few games beforehand anyway) so yeah the seed is planted but it'll take time...
You should co-mod.

Also, speaking just for myself I'd prefer if we played more open or semi-open setups. For one, they've been refined for balance over repeated plays, and more importantly there's less wild speculation and misdirection about what all is possible - even with semi-open you know within a range what's possible and what's not.

And you can still add whatever flavour you want on top of them (a la the Smurfia game) if you want.

I know my walls of text aren't universally popular, but I could focus on the actual game more if I weren't wondering what setup universe we were in all the time. WTH is a stats cop anyway?
bler144: Ironically, the one time I was a Paranoid...vig...(don't ask) I honestly thought I was bluffing the paranoid part.
Dear Marie,

I don't need to ask. I never forgot your barn.
Sorry I deserted you. :)

Dan
Recruiter...

At least I found out my reads are still quite decent.
Vitek: Recruiter...

At least I found out my reads are still quite decent.
I was very impressed when I skimmed over the observer chat.
bler144: Ironically, the one time I was a Paranoid...vig...(don't ask) I honestly thought I was bluffing the paranoid part.
Brasas: Dear Marie,

I don't need to ask. I never forgot your barn.
Sorry I deserted you. :)

Dan
Awwwww!

xoxoxoxo
Good game, all! Thanks for hosting, Poppy, it was a fun setup. Who knew I was actually right about the Sleeper. :-)