It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This made me happy yesterday already, but since I'm still happy in the aftermath...

Me and a few friends went to a punk concert yesterday.
Some of our old heroes played, and since they're all around their mid sixties by now, you never know how often they'll still find their way to our shores.
They also brought a great (and - so far - unknown to me) support band with them, whose musical output I really liked.

An all around great evening/night.
New Raspberry Pi 5 up and running. Feels much snappier than the old one.

(This is the first GOG post from this Pi.)
BreOl72: This made me happy yesterday already, but since I'm still happy in the aftermath...

Me and a few friends went to a punk concert yesterday.
Some of our old heroes played, and since they're all around their mid sixties by now, you never know how often they'll still find their way to our shores.
They also brought a great (and - so far - unknown to me) support band with them, whose musical output I really liked.

An all around great evening/night.
Punk concerts are great. I went to one with my father at a festival this summer. It was like traveling with a 20 year old punk rocker. Way more unhinged and energetic than I'll ever be. Got some great memories and wholesome family moments. We are going back next year :)
justanoldgamer: I opened one of my two HP 35s to check how the batteries are connected. I'm glad I did as I thought the two were in series making a total of 6V when they are in fact separate, i.e. two separate 3V DC power connection on the pcb. I might have damaged it if I would have connected a 6V (4 AAA or AA in series) supply like I planned to to replace the two CR2032 3V batteries. So I'm happy to have averted damaging the calculator.

Using normal batteries instead of button batteries will mean less trip to the battery store.

I like the HP 35s even if HP never updated the firmware (it has some significant bugs). My HP 42s does remain my favorite HP calc for the moment. I'm not a fan of the newer ones with a more BASIC like programming language (even if I have two og them). I do plan in the long term to make my own HP like calculator combining the old RPN programming language with a new graphic display.
dtgreene: Out of curiosity, is there any calculator-like device that is easily hackable and can run Linux? Preferably able to run the scientific Python stack and sagemath?

In other news, I was able to buy a purse to replace the one whose strap broke, and I found an item in the grocery store that had been absent for a long time.
It is not a programmable calculator but I would like to advise you to check this online calculator which has a lot of units as well as data storage units
Better late than never..., I received my Catzilla calendar this morning! :)
Attachments:
matterbandit: Better late than never..., I received my Catzilla calendar this morning! :)
That traffic jam is instantly recognizable. Yup it was in Jakarta lol
Pizza - always pizza.
jepsen1977: Pizza - always pizza.
F*ck yeah! Almost as "stimulating" as Hubba! Hubba!
Not having to wake up at 6:00 a.m. anymore. Hope this trend lasts forever. ;)

Another thing that made me happy today: my nose discovered rubbed tarragon. What a lovely smelling herb! :) Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

zlaywal: That traffic jam is instantly recognizable. Yup it was in Jakarta lol
LOL! Is that you on the motorbike in the green jacket? Well, ...I do not envy Jakarta for its heavy traffic, but I do envy Jakarta for its giant kittens! :P
Post edited January 17, 2024 by matterbandit
matterbandit: Not having to wake up at 6:00 a.m. anymore. Hope this trend lasts forever. ;)

Another thing that made me happy today: my nose discovered rubbed tarragon. What a lovely smelling herb! :) Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

zlaywal: That traffic jam is instantly recognizable. Yup it was in Jakarta lol
matterbandit: LOL! Is that you on the motorbike in the green jacket? Well, ...I do not envy Jakarta for its heavy traffic, but I do envy Jakarta for its giant kittens! :P
We eagerly arise daily @0600 to take our AM constitutional and greet the new day in our kuleana(see attached). Feel free to join us in spirit anytime you wish. A hui hou kakou.((--;))
Attachments:
tsi.jpg (469 Kb)
I made a few cool photos today. Photography is my new hobby. I found tool to upscale images without losing quality on depositphotos.com. All you need is just upload an image you want to enlarge, compare the original with the upscaled picture and download it for free to use in your projects. Depositphoto is one of my favorite platform, there thousands of images and videos on every taste. There are many useful tools to increase photo resolution by several multiples.
Post edited January 26, 2024 by tonnyys
I had an interesting dream about One Piece Live-Action having their own filler episode. The Strawhats chase Kuro to an island with a watchtower inside a cave. Zoro (who wants Kuro's holster that I imagined in this dream) is acting like me in an MMO and hopping around on the ornate details along the side of it (You never know where you might find an easter egg, right?) while Nami finds a shimmering scroll on the top floor. Trying to read the textured squares arranged in a checker pattern teleports the crew to a much bigger tower in a bigger cave and staffed with guards, many of which are at the foot of the stairs leading up to it. Usopp shoots down the unarmored archers among them, but the knight with a tower-shield is unaffected.

That's it, that's the dream. If they tended to be complete stories, I'd try to have them more often.
Made me happy to flip my calendar as to reveal February! Feeling like I am slowly escaping Winter's grip and closer to embracing Spring. :D
matterbandit: Made me happy to flip my calendar as to reveal February! Feeling like I am slowly escaping Winter's grip and closer to embracing Spring. :D
Ugh, I can't waot! Wat's the weather like where you live? I've had a couple of freezy but sunny days recently and I can't believe what a difference it makes to the mood, energt levels and just plain will to live and accomplish anything other than sleep or game :D
Post edited February 01, 2024 by Shannqa
Shannqa: Ugh, I can't waot! Wat's the weather like where you live? I've had a couple of freezy but sunny days recently and I can't believe what a difference it makes to the mood, energt levels and just plain will to live and accomplish anything other than sleep or game :D
Overall, winter here has been less brutal than in previous years, though January did a good job of catching up! xD It's the lack of generous sunlight that tends to bring me down. Coffee helps, but sunshine is best. :P