It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Adol's got the island blues.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA is available, DRM-free on GOG.com. Grab it now to get this DLC for free: Adol's Adventure Essentials, Laxia's "Eternian Scholar" Costume, a Mini Art Book, and a Soundtrack Sampler.
Ready for a new round of exciting, party-based trouble? Adol and co. get stranded on a mysterious island where ferocious beasts roam. When a blue-haired beauty starts calling to our hero in his dreams, it's time for them to build a village and set out to undo the island's curse.

Feeling overwhelmed? Give your characters a little boost with the Ultimate Resource Bundle DLC DLC.

The free DLC offer will last until April 23, 5pm UTC.
Full price after all this time? And apparently it still has issues? Fat chance, NISA!
NISA.....

Fuck, I should have picked up Tokyo Xanadu when it had it's launch discount it seems but whatever.

How playable is the game exactly and what are the issues ? Only music, buggy mess, controls or everything.
seems like the pc version of ys8 is like the snes version of ys3 only worse.

nisa, nobody wants or likes you messing with the falcom games. your involvement in this series is a blight on the good name of localized ports everywhere. please see yourself over to that corner there and kindly have rough yet unsatisfying intercourse with urself.
Not even a Discount at release?
That would've been the least NISA could have done after the whole mess.
ChrisGamer300: NISA.....

Fuck, I should have picked up Tokyo Xanadu when it had it's launch discount it seems but whatever.

How playable is the game exactly and what are the issues ? Only music, buggy mess, controls or everything.
From what I've gathered from the steam forums...

Generally bad performance, FPS wise. Problems with properly recognizing video cards, audio devices and controllers. Typos. Limited options as far as graphic settings go. Fixed internal resolution, i.e. the game upscales or downscales from fixed resolution assets. Crashes. Vsync only works when forced through the GPU drivers. Shoddy mouse/keyboard support.

But hey, at least we get the single-use-item DLC bundled instead of individual packages like on steam.

I hope Falcom learned from this and won't let NISA anywhere near their games anymore. To deliver such a steaming pile of junk after delaying the game for half a year is brazen at best.

I'll pass on this one. Ys: Memories of Celceta is handled by XSEED from what I've heard, so I'll keep my sights on that one instead.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by vonHardenberg

vonHardenberg: From what I've gathered from the steam forums...

Generally bad performance, FPS wise. Problems with properly recognizing video cards, audio devices and controllers. Typos. Limited options as far as graphic settings go. Fixed internal resolution, i.e. the game upscales or downscales from fixed resolution assets. Crashes. Vsync only works when forced through the GPU drivers. Shoddy mouse/keyboard support.

But hey, at least we get the single-use-item DLC bundled instead of individual packages like on steam.

I hope Falcom learned from this and won't let NISA anywhere near their games anymore. To deliver such a steaming pile of junk after delaying the game for half a year is brazen at best.

I'll pass on this one. Ys: Memories of Celceta is handled by XSEED from what I've heard, so I'll keep my sights on that one instead.
Damn that's like worse than i thought or would be if it wasn't NISA, i guess i will wait this one out and see how it progresses in time with fixes and stuff.

Thanks.
fortune_p_dawg: seems like the pc version of ys8 is like the snes version of ys3 only worse.

nisa, nobody wants or likes you messing with the falcom games. your involvement in this series is a blight on the good name of localized ports everywhere. please see yourself over to that corner there and kindly have rough yet unsatisfying intercourse with urself.
this made my day :)
I was excited to hear that finally this got on GOG for real. But then reading this thread made me sigh. Do wish XSEED was the one in charge of that.

But amidst all that disappointment, I still can't believe that NISA released a DRM-free PC game, for once. I hope that they continue in doing DRM-free releases at least!
...fucking seriously? If I knew they would be selling the "congratulations, you don't have to play the game" pack, I wouldn't have preordered. Games you have to pay to not play are shit, and I already can avoid playing them for free by not buying.
liamphoenix: Please, NIS, don't make me refund it. I'm hoping their GOG launch goes well, despite all the issues on the porting/localizing/publishing end, because I *REALLY* want Disgaea here.
Huh? I, too, would dearly love to see Disgaea on gog (and DIsgaea 2 and Phantom Brave, while we're at it), but I doubt even a miraculous performance of Ys VIII will make that happen.

So what were they doing all this time? o.O
Post edited April 16, 2018 by richlind33

richlind33: So what were they doing all this time? o.O
rubbing one out and hitting the devils lettuce. neither of which i have a problem with unless youre destroying a beloved action-rpg series while ur at it.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by fortune_p_dawg
fortune_p_dawg: rubbing one out and hitting the devils lettuce
Only one? o.O

Cue "this is why we can't have..."
Redoing the entire english translation, moving it from "engrish" to "not that impressive".
Upgrading the port quality from "crash & burn" to "it works most of the time, when you squint a bit"
Losing the last bit of player goodwill in the process.

Not mentioned: Abysmal french translation, "Day 1 release across all platforms"-bullshit and damaging Falcom's reputation due to sheer incompetence. Falcom had high hopes for this release, I can only assume someone will be fuming by this time tomorrow.
PookaMustard: But amidst all that disappointment, I still can't believe that NISA released a DRM-free PC game, for once. I hope that they continue in doing DRM-free releases at least!
Well... it's not the first game published by NISA here.